• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Louis View Post
    Ok, so what's the redneck AC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll probably hunt mornings and evenings. Weather will depend on if I make the 3.5+ hour drive to the lease or just hunt around the house though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I'm getting softer with age because I no longer hunt a ground blind if it is in the 80's or higher. That often puts me either in a shaded tripod or back in the cabin on October afternoons. I will sit a dove field in the heat - if they are still flying I'll bow hunt in the AM and dove hunt in the PM

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
          I am not going to bet on the GFS model showing that cool front unless it has a few more days of runs showing same
          Agreed. But we historically have a decent front about that timeframe. It’s landmarked for because it’s about the time of the South Plains Panhandle fair, and for as long as I can remember that week has 2-3 days of cool
          Rainy weather

Comment

Dang that's way cool

Comment

For me it's always these last couple weeks of 95-100 degrees that are the biggest beating. We know the change is coming but it seems to take forever to get here. For north Texas the average daily high for the month of October is 78 degrees and October is also 2nd only to May in average monthly rainfall. Come on October!

Comment

Opening wknd wx...

I just ain’t that mad at ‘em anymore to sit out in the heat.

I hate hot weather. Plus it puts a lot of pressure to make a quick recovery in the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ll be there for some morning hunts, too hot in the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                    I'll hunt mornings for sure, evening--probably not.
                    Me too, if I have the right wind, which is what I’ve always done. My heart ain’t in it if I’m sweating like a logging mule.

Comment

wind starts coming out of the north in Houston around the 25th and stays that way thru opening weekend. Unfortunately doesn't catch our place in Shackelford county, still predominantly S winds with highs in upper 80's opening weekend. Hopefully its just a matter of the front needing to shift 100 miles west and we catch a break...

Comment

Working...
                      X