Opening wknd wx...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening wknd wx...

weather models that run thru day 15 almost get us to the opener. End of current runs do break up the persistent much aboves that have been prevalent over TX since 2nd week in August.

Though it cools back to normalish, still not seeing any signs of cool fronts or well below normal temps. Hoping some of our resident mets will weigh in.

Rain, shine, hot, cold, who gives a rip! I’ll be in a tree!
    Last edited by Antlers86; 09-12-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      Rain, shine, hot, cold, who’s gives a rip! I’ll be in a tree!

I give a rip. I’ll sit it out until it’s not 90 degrees with bugs swarming around my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        Rain, shine, hot, cold, who gives a rip! I’ll be in a tree!
        X2

Comment

If it weren't for my redneck AC, I wouldn't be making any afternoon hunts

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
            I give a rip. I’ll sit it out until it’s not 90 degrees with bugs swarming around my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I'm hoping the deer stay on the corn and summer batchlor pattern until opening weekend. I may not make Saturday due to a family event but will be there Sunday morning with blood on the brain. It's opening weekend, I expect it to be hot.
            Originally posted by Fargus View Post
            If it weren't for my redneck AC, I wouldn't be making any afternoon hunts
            This is the ticket used one last week for the first time. Game changer in a blind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine is showing high of 72, low of 52 on 9/26.

Our long term average for Sept 28 is 76/51, so maybe we’ll have a decent opener. It sure has been too hot the last couple of weeks to get too pumped about it!

Comment

I'll hunt mornings for sure, evening--probably not.

Comment

met at work saying latest model runs showing potential for a front to drop down the 25th-27th timeframe, hopefully it hangs around for a few days.

Comment

Man I just hope it drops under 90, Deer stay on corn, and Jason doesn’t get me tonight. Not much to ask for.

Comment

Ok, so what's the redneck AC

Comment

I'm hoping for at least a small cool front but I'm hunting mornings and evenings whether it's highs of 75 or 100. I've only bow hunted in Texas so I'm used to sweat and mosquitoes during bow season. I'd prefer cooler weather but high temps won't keep me out of the woods.

Comment

I will probably only hunt the mornings unless these is a shooter on camera in the evenings. Definitely not going to shoot a doe and mess with it in this heat unless its my sons first deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                            Ok, so what's the redneck AC
                            Ice chest with a fan on top. Couple DIY threads here. Pretty cool builds

Comment

I am not going to bet on the GFS model showing that cool front unless it has a few more days of runs showing same

Comment

Working...
                              X