No announcement yet.

3/4 ton and 1 ton truck tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have switched to Hankook tires from Michelin and they are better riding, handling and better traction even though the tread pattern are near identical. Wear seems to be about the same. Best part is they are half the price of Michelin.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
      Not a very aggressive tire but I have had great luck with Duscount tire Pathfinder AT’s on my Ram 2500 plenty of life left and 48k on them
      We had good luck with the pathfinder tires for many many years on our ranch trucks and personnel trucks, I have no idea why I switched over to other brands
      Great E rated a/t tires , and good service and price

Comment

Check out Toyo CT

Comment

Toyo Open County AT2 (XT) extreme would be a good choice along with the RT's

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
            I have never had a tire outlast the Michelin factory tires that come with them, but I can't bring myself to pay for the same tire when they are shot. I've been replacing them with BFG's and have tossed around the idea of putting on the Ridge Grapplers the next time I need tires.
            Yeah I feel like a dummy for not going back with Michelin but I hate the way they look and they arent cheap. But they are silent, ride great, and good traction. I have 57k on them now. I figure another month and I'll swap them. I dont run them bald or even close.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hankook

Comment

Had the Toyo R/T’s on my 2016 F250 for ~35,000 miles before I hit a wheel barrow on I-10 that managed to slice underneath the tread. They still held pressure but obviously had to be replaced. Had that not happened they easily had another 15,000-20,000 miles in them. I was in a bind and had to go with BFG KO2’s after that and hate them.

I’m due for new tires soon and will go back to Toyo’s, regardless of price. Tires are one thing I won’t skimp on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to run Toyo's but price was getting too high. Last few sets have been Cooper ST Maxx. My ranch buddies down south run them, and it seems like every oilfield truck I see has them. Now on my second set on my 2017 F250. They wear good, not much noise, and are tough. I will drive my truck where most would not, and never worry about flats. Got about 45,000 miles on the last set, but changed them pretty early. Probably could have easily gotten another 10,000 out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by mooch View Post
                    Had the Toyo R/T’s on my 2016 F250 for ~35,000 miles before I hit a wheel barrow on I-10 that managed to slice underneath the tread. They still held pressure but obviously had to be replaced. Had that not happened they easily had another 15,000-20,000 miles in them. I was in a bind and had to go with BFG KO2’s after that and hate them.

I’m due for new tires soon and will go back to Toyo’s, regardless of price. Tires are one thing I won’t skimp on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I HATE KO2s on a heavy truck, but love them on half tons and lighter. I’ve got 60k currently on my Sierra 1500, and have half the tread left. They perform excellent for my uses. I’d never put them on my F-350 though. I’ve ran them on heavy trucks in the past, and they sucked.

Comment

I’m a fan to Toyos . I was given a set of nitto’s with about 75% tread . I’m going to run them and see if I like them . The tire seems to weight a lot more then the toyos in the same size .Im running 37’s

Comment

I run Toyo MT's on all my trucks. Been doing that for the last 10 years

Comment

I have the ridge grapplers also, very good on the pavement but suck in the mudd. When these wear out, I'm gonna go back with cooper stt pros

Comment

I just got done with a set of Toyo Open Countries, they didn't last for squat, and were louder than I felt like they should be.

Put on Cooper AT3s this morning.

Comment

Have had 2 sets of Toyos and wasn’t impressed.
                              Have had good luck with Cooper, bfg, and Michelin.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                                I’m a fan to Toyos . I was given a set of nitto’s with about 75% tread . I’m going to run them and see if I like them . The tire seems to weight a lot more then the toyos in the same size .Im running 37’s
                                Both are made by the same company. There are some slight variations, but they should wear pretty similar.

Comment

Working...
                                X