State Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Champion

My daughter is TAPPS 6A State Champion. She played in Killeen Monday and Tuesday in 20 + mph winds. She battled against the reigning 2 time State Champion to win by 5 strokes in two days of play. 71-69 for a 140 2 day total. She battled against same player last year to take 2nd. She graduates this year with every title under her belt that HS can offer. She also has 2 girls City Championships and 2 Womens City Championships all back to back. Comes from a blue collar working family from East side of San Antonio. If you know San Antonio you know exactly where this is. Goes to show no matter what your background or financial status is that Hard Work Pays off.
    Attached Files

That is very impressive. I'm sure your very proud. Congrats to the champ.

Comment

That is quite an accomplishment! I'm sure there have been a lot of college coaches coming around - has made a decision on what's next?

Comment

Very cool, congrats!

Comment

Wow...very impressive! Congrats to her.

Comment

Congrats to you and your daughter! That is awesome! I always say that’s an accomplishment that no one can ever take away from her!

Comment

Outstanding!

Comment

Congrats to her! Hope she gets to add a TBH Open to her resume this summer

Comment

Very impressive! Congrats!

Will she be playing in college?

My brother and I both played in high school, and my brother went on to play in college. Those college golfers I watched him play against were another breed. Phenomenal players.

Comment

That is some good golf. You should be very proud.

Comment

Golf is hard

Comment

That's Awesome congrats to her, that's some good numbers right there.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          That is quite an accomplishment! I'm sure there have been a lot of college coaches coming around - has made a decision on what's next?
                          She had 11 full offers to play. All up north though. She decided to stay in San Antonio and accepted full offer to play golf a UTSA. She will stay here but has to live on campus under full offer so win win for us. Her swing coach is up in Boerne at Cordillera so not far if she needs a tune up so it's actually very convenient. Plus I get to keep my boot in her butt to keep her in line if I need to. Haha. Big schools offered 50% and up to 75% but never showed much love like Coach Batiste did at UTSA.. Coach B was the first to offer 2 week into her sophomore year and was extremely loyal walking tons of her tournaments. My daughter in the end felt loyalty meant everything to her. So she will be a ROADRUNNER this fall. Right now they have won the Conference USA Championship two years running and Coach B is Conference coach of the year 2 years in a row. They are playing in Regional Championship in Norman Oklahoma this coming week so really excited! Go runners!!

Comment

Very very impressive. Congrats to the young lady.

Rwc

Comment

That is awesome!!!

Congratulations young lady

Can she give fat old men some pointers

Comment

Working...
                              X