Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thing I have plenty o’ pecan firewood...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2206.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	24570602

Comment

Well after a long layoff im back at my spot just hanging out.

Comment

Are there any black bass guides on Whitney?

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
          Are there any black bass guides on Whitney?
          I don't guide for fish. I generally don't chase those. But will put one in the livewell if it's a legal fish. Although it's not my flavorite eating fish.

Ron Gardner held the lake record and sate record on Whitney for smallies till 1998. And 10 of the top 20 state records for smallies. I don't know if he still guides or not.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-05-2019, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Thanks,

My son has a tournament in a couple of months and wanted to get the lay of the land. Whitney has not been our best lake in the past.

Comment

It's a pretty big lake. 27 miles of river channel counting both rivers. And over 225 miles of shoreline. The very first bass tournament ever organized and held in Texas was on Whitney.

Comment

Buckshotless, per the weatherman you will need all that wood, colder than a well diggers ars. Just made some reservations for later in March at Kimball, hopefully get on some fish.

Comment

Perfect weather for a campfire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	57135399274__D0DD3E1D-5105-4353-8614-06DDB41F5DE6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	24570842

Comment

TG. fish aren't biting as my results on sunday..lol..

Comment

Noted Carlock. Maybe one day soon they'll learn to swim again.

It certainly ain't like it was this time for the last few years.

Comment

Anybody been out doing anything? I ain't had time since my last trip around the first of the month. Got Bownanza coming up this weekend.

Comment

Looks like Granbury shut the water flow off yesterday for the present. That ain't gonna help the sandbass/crappie/striper fishing in the river any.

Comment

I'm ready for crappie catchin season. Hope I get an offer from the company I interviewed with Friday. I would be home every night and make more hourly. Plus ide finally be in the aerospace industry.

Comment

Here's to your success Jusin, cheers!

Comment

We need a week of warm weather. Got a new kayak that needs some crappie sandbass and catfish slime in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X