Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trapping deer at Land’s End golf course on Lake Fork.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they are killed, my money's on feeding them to somebody, homeless shelters, etc. If they were to throw them in the landfill, then you'd have a case. Otherwise, not so much. Too many of anything is usually not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      If they are killed, my money's on feeding them to somebody, homeless shelters, etc. If they were to throw them in the landfill, then you'd have a case. Otherwise, not so much. Too many of anything is usually not good.
      Supposedly feeding convicts. Do convicts deserve venison?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Those deer won’t be slaughtered but relocated to less populated areas
        I doubt it, I know a guy than ran one the meat packing facilities they use, he gets deer in sometimes a hundred at a time.

Comment

Wish I knew they were that upset. Instead of staring at tag soup I could have brought my bow last time I played the course. If anyone knows of any other folks frustrated by high numbers of deer on their property, shoot me a PM. Got tags and plenty of freezer space. My folks live on Fork, this would have been a great opportunity. So sad...hope the meat goes to a good place.

Comment

State has possession rights to the deer. HOA has biologist come out and determined deer population needs to be declined. I still don't know why it would matter to you if you don't live in the neighborhood.

Comment

Why is this making people upset? I’m obviously overlooking something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                Wish I knew they were that upset. Instead of staring at tag soup I could have brought my bow last time I played the course. If anyone knows of any other folks frustrated by high numbers of deer on their property, shoot me a PM. Got tags and plenty of freezer space. My folks live on Fork, this would have been a great opportunity. So sad...hope the meat goes to a good place.
                It’s about to get ugly. KLTV just contacted me. I’m not known for my political correctness.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                  Why is this making people upset? I’m obviously overlooking something.
                  If your neighbor decided to kill 100 deer, would it upset you?

Comment

So I like skunks- they come into your yard and dig every night. you want to remove them and I live somewhere else but think its my right to tell you to leave the skunks in your yard. Why don't ou go pay HOA dues in that neighborhood if you want a say in the matter?

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      State has possession rights to the deer. HOA has biologist come out and determined deer population needs to be declined. I still don't know why it would matter to you if you don't live in the neighborhood.
                      Landowners with 2 acres inside a subdivision with other 2 acre landowners feeding deer are able to determine the deer population in a 2 sq. mile area? I’ve recommended that homeowners not feed the deer in this subdivision for years. “We like to watch deer. Crap!!! They’re eating my shrubs!! We have too many deer”. City people moving to the country. SMDH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        So I like skunks- they come into your yard and dig every night. you want to remove them and I live somewhere else but think its my right to tell you to leave the skunks in your yard. Why don't ou go pay HOA dues in that neighborhood if you want a say in the matter?
                        Again, deer range more than 400 acres. This affects at least a 2 sq. mile area. Bringing skunks into this discussion is lame at best.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                          Landowners with 2 acres inside a subdivision with other 2 acre landowners feeding deer are able to determine the deer population in a 2 sq. mile area? I’ve recommended that homeowners not feed the deer in this subdivision for years. “We like to watch deer. Crap!!! They’re eating my shrubs!! We have too many deer”. City people moving to the country. SMDH!!!!
                          How much land do you have next to them? Do the deer travel to your property? Seems like they have no reason to leave the community.

Comment

How much land do you have next to them? Do the deer travel to your property? Seems like they have no reason to leave the community.
                            I have 15 acres, and yes, they do travel to my property and beyond. Bucks are just now reaching potential due to AR, and my wife has killed 2, 135 inch deer in the last 3 years. She boehunts only, and I’ve recommended a program for bow hunting in this subdivision to control the population. I actually set up a program for women bow hunters that was approved, then shot down by TPWD biologist.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                              I have 15 acres, and yes, they do travel to my property and beyond. Bucks are just now reaching potential due to AR, and my wife has killed 2, 135 inch deer in the last 3 years. She boehunts only, and I’ve recommended a program for bow hunting in this subdivision to control the population. I actually set up a program for women bow hunters that was approved, then shot down by TPWD biologist.
                              Are they trapping your deer?

Comment

Are they trapping your deer?
                                Yes. Not my deer technically, but deer that frequent my property.

Comment

Working...
                                X