Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
    I would personally drag mine off into the brush a little bit but I wouldnt worry too much
    I did this last year and had another hunter come in and set up 30 yards from me. If I get to go back I will leave my bike on the trail to let others know I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
      Another potential problem with assigning hunters to a unit will be the weather. If you are assigned unit 2, 3 or 5 you will not be able to get there if it rains. It would not be fair to the hunters assigned to those units. Also unit 3 is about two or three miles away at its nearest point while unit 1, 6 or 8 is just a matter of crossing the fence. That would not be fair either. Lots of variables to consider if they assigned unit to each hunter.
      Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
        Someone mentioned a scouting permit? Did i miss that somewhere in the emails, I thought your hunting permit was all that was needed.. Does anyone have the maps with the unit numbers?
        Thanks looking forward to seeing everyone on this coming up hunt?
        I need a copy of vehicle permit form for the scouting period and the hunt

Comment

The vehicle permit is on the PDF that Texas Parks and Wildlife emailed after you paid for your permit, I believe it is was NADUC.pdf on the 4th page. We are headed out tomorrow evening safe travels to everyone we will see y'all at orientation Thursday.
          Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Stx86 View Post
            I need a copy of vehicle permit form for the scouting period and the hunt

I couldn't find mine either, see if that link above works.

Comment

Those of you that can’t find vehicle permit, go back to the email that contains PDF files for “permit” and “NADUC.pdf” the vehicle permit is at the bottom of the NADUC file under the park map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trying to decide if the roads will be okay to RV it or if I have to motel it and bring my truck. My RV is a van camper, so no 4x4 and low ground clearance. If the entry road is still pot holed like last year, then I'll motel it and bring my old pick-em-up. Would appreciate info from somebody that's been there recently. I'm on the hunt starting Dec 7th. Thanks

Comment

the entry road is not pot bellied per se...but is completely under construction. You can not park there while hunting though.

At the orientation for the 11/16 hunt they handed out paperwork for those that did not have any...other than their permit.

Comment

Originally posted by returning egret View Post
                    Trying to decide if the roads will be okay to RV it or if I have to motel it and bring my truck. My RV is a van camper, so no 4x4 and low ground clearance. If the entry road is still pot holed like last year, then I'll motel it and bring my old pick-em-up. Would appreciate info from somebody that's been there recently. I'm on the hunt starting Dec 7th. Thanks
                    When you say RV...are you talking bout staying at the LANWR? I don't think you can do that. But just to drive the road, you should be ok.

Folks parking on the side of 106 were getting stuck due to the ground saturation ...slicker than snot.

Comment

When you say RV...are you talking bout staying at the LANWR? I don't think you can do that. But just to drive the road, you should be ok.
                      Would camp somewhere else, but would have to drive the camper van to the Refuge. Last year we could drive up the N-S County Road on the East side of the refuge and park along it. This year's map doesn't show it as a Red 'Vehicle Access Road'. Are they making us park in the lot at the intersection of Lakeside Dr and this county road? Would add a lot of distance to access the middle and North part of the refuge.

Comment

County road was open this year.

Comment

County road was open this year.
                          OK, Thanks, that's good to hear. Is it slick like you say for 106, or OK for parking?

the entry road is not pot bellied per se...but is completely under construction.
                          This is what their map calls Buena Vista Rd. right? Under Construction but still useable?

Sorry to ask so many questions, just nervous about tearing up the new van.

Comment

yeah, Buena vista road. they have the center of it useable. They were working on the sides couple weeks ago. I think they had alot of issues with the rain. 106 is bad when saturated due to the slope.

Good luck on your hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                              yeah, Buena vista road. they have the center of it useable. They were working on the sides couple weeks ago. I think they had alot of issues with the rain. 106 is bad when saturated due to the slope.

Good luck on your hunt.

That was me. Do not park on side of 106 if wet. First two days were fine then it rained. 3 of us parked there again. All was fine til we tried to leave. Two of us stuck, the other almost. Just too slick, tried to to pull you down the slope. We all had 4x4 also. Surely would not try it with a RV van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck to everyone on this hunt. It will be a muddy mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X