Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Workout Accountability thread!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James View Post
    I’m doing orange theory fitness and really enjoy it. Deer season was rough, time to get back on the grind! Goals this year - get in best shape of life

I've been going to Orangetheory for over a year now and I love it! Ran a half marathon in December and OTF was ~90% of my training.

Comment

Originally posted by ddcainjr View Post
      I've been going to Orangetheory for over a year now and I love it! Ran a half marathon in December and OTF was ~90% of my training.

That’s awesome! I’ve been doing it over a year now Also, I’m down 25 pounds. When I started I could barely run a mile and just did 4 miles in 28:00 flat. I feel amazing and am considering training for an iron man. The competitive group workout atmosphere drives me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great to here OTF working for you guys! I fund my wifes OTF membership lol

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

Funny! Yea being only one of the few guys in a class surrounded by chicks in yoga pants isn’t that bad either

Comment

Originally posted by TX_DReezen View Post
            What kind of cardio are y’all guys squeezing in? I hate it but I know it’s the only thing that will put me “in shape” [emoji854] Have a treadmill at home (and bench/squat rack, misc.), but have access to Golds Gym as well. The bicycle seems easier on my body but I never feel like it does anything for me.

I'm learning to love/hate the assault bike. Seems easier on my knees than running and when I push myself on it, I will dang near pass out. For me, hadn't found any cardio equipment that gets me like it does but doesn't seem to hurt anything.

This morning did 4 rounds of 30 cal assault bike with 25 floor to overheads with a 45lb plate. I was layed out on the floor!!

Comment

My wife goes there too. I've lost ~90 lbs since joining (160 lbs in the last 1.5 years).

The coaches and members push me way harder than I do just going to a gym.

I plan on running another half this spring and a full marathon in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                Funny! Yea being only one of the few guys in a class surrounded by chicks in yoga pants isn’t that bad either

Oh crud that was not meant to be a jab by any means! I have done a few of the classes and they are a awesome workout. I just wish she would pay for her membership lol But then again its a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Originally posted by ddcainjr View Post
                  My wife goes there too. I've lost ~90 lbs since joining (160 lbs in the last 1.5 years).

The coaches and members push me way harder than I do just going to a gym.

I plan on running another half this spring and a full marathon in the fall.
                  Awesome stuff and keep it up!

Comment

Oh crud that was not meant to be a jab by any means! I have done a few of the classes and they are a awesome workout. I just wish she would pay for her membership lol But then again its a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.
                    Didn’t take it as a jab at all Buddy! Glad she’s enjoying it

Comment

2019 I finally got back in the gym pretty serious (little harder at 44 years old)

From May to end of year 2019:

Bench: 185 to 265
                      Squats: 200 to 315 (really need to improve but nursing knees)
                      Deadlift: 250 to 350
                      Been learning how to properly do Cleans
                      Finished couple of Spartan races (super, sprint, stadion) but nothing fantastic on times.

2020:
                      1) Gonna hit 1000lb for those 3 combined lifts. Think if I get back down to 165 that be pretty cool goal for a 45 year old.
                      2) Complete Spartan beast in under 4 hours (15+ miles and 30+ obstacles)
                      3) Hand stand walk (about 35')
                      4) Consistent 165lbs and under 13% body fat

Comment

Will be starting one of my old 5x5 programs tonight with short rest periods, once I’m caught back up I’ll hit the weights heavier! Will keep ya’ posted!

Comment

1 mile warm up and chest this evening. I won’t be going back to the gym that time of again for awhile

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                            2019 I finally got back in the gym pretty serious (little harder at 44 years old)

From May to end of year 2019:

Bench: 185 to 265
                            Squats: 200 to 315 (really need to improve but nursing knees)
                            Deadlift: 250 to 350
                            Been learning how to properly do Cleans
                            Finished couple of Spartan races (super, sprint, stadion) but nothing fantastic on times.

2020:
                            1) Gonna hit 1000lb for those 3 combined lifts. Think if I get back down to 165 that be pretty cool goal for a 45 year old.
                            2) Complete Spartan beast in under 4 hours (15+ miles and 30+ obstacles)
                            3) Hand stand walk (about 35')
                            4) Consistent 165lbs and under 13% body fat
                            Rock on man, you are killing it. I was into spartan a couple years ago until my back went out. I did 2 sprints and the super. I plan on getting the trifecta this year.

Comment

Did 1 1/2 hours today. Going back to my regular 5-6 days a week at the gym now that deer season is over for me .

Comment

Just got back from the gym myself, ended up doing a light chest/arms/core, worked up to about 245lb on bench for reps. So not too far away from where I left off, but man has the endurance disappeared. 6PM and NY resolutioners at a major gym do NOT mix [emoji51]

Going to start getting there at 6AM to get the day rolling. Legs and more core in the morning!

Comment

Working...
                                X