Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jgard View Post
    They have to by law
    Maybe so, I deal with a Police Association. If you aren't a member they aren't doing anything for you. Maybe a true "Union" is different.

Personally I don't see this going anywhere but that's just my opinion. Good luck, hopefully things work out for you one way or another.

Comment

Let me get this straight, you’re not part of the union but filed a complaint because rules weren’t followed by union contract? We are in a right to work state, keep that in mind.
      Last edited by bbqfan5909; 01-13-2022, 09:17 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I told them 6 times 18 years ago to get me a application and I would join I’m still waiting on that application
        Claiming/stating they never got you a contract is not going to get you anywhere with anyone… however, the company should still follow the process they have agreed to and can’t violate the agreement…. First thing I would do if I were you is get a printed copy of the agreement and approach H R again…

This time document who you speak to and advice them you are seeking to resolve the issue at the lowest level possible. As a matter of fact, you should first run all this by your first line supervisor and document it all.

If you are going to pursue this you must document everything.
        Last edited by Pedernal; 01-13-2022, 09:20 PM.

Comment

I think you should let someone write the letter for you!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
            Maybe so, I deal with a Police Association. If you aren't a member they aren't doing anything for you. Maybe a true "Union" is different.

Personally, I don't see this going anywhere but that's just my opinion. Good luck, hopefully things work out for you one way or another.
            If the union has negotiated sole rights to bargain with the employer they are supposed to represent everyone including none union fee paying employees because they are members due to the sole bargaining rights agreement. However, they will half arse that at best due to no fee payment.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
              I agree.

Comment

How about you drop it And find a better job.
                I know 18 years is a long time and that experience could one in handy somewhere else. Whole lot of folks need help

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  How about you drop it And find a better job.
                  I know 18 years is a long time and that experience could one in handy somewhere else. Whole lot of folks need help
                  It’s hard to walk away I have 4 weeks vacation and I like my work schedule rotating 12 and I’m on days I have tried to leave before but no verified work no one wants to give me a shot was looking at getting into different line of work but with kids and being major salary winner can’t afford pay cut now

Comment

I loled hard at this.

Comment

Some loooooooong sentences in op.

Comment

So you don’t pay union dues but yet expect them to help you out? I have never been part of a union but if I worked somewhere where there was a union I would definitely be in it. If they do end up helping you, you should consider being a part of it.

Comment

So I work for Sherwin Williams paint co at the plant in garland we are a union plant under contract the company wanted to add another person to forklift shop which the contract states they must post any hourly position for 7 days on the bulletin board in clock alley which the company did not do. When I heard they hired a new person I went to the hr manger who was not in so was directed to the plant manager asked him about it he did not know so was told they would look into it about 45 minutes later was called to his office along with shop manager and the plant engineer and was told they all talked about it and I was wrong and they did what they were supposed to couple hrs later plant engineer called me to the side and Sadie that they looked into it more and that I was right the contract was not followed and that it would be corrected so a week later no job posting and the new person has started I have been there for 18 years and I have been in the shop for 5 years I wanted that job do I have a case for the labor board yes I want to take it there the company and union aren’t doing what they are supposed to I have no respect for the leadership in the shop and this is not the only thing that makes me feel this way when you are told when you ask a question to the maintenance manager and his reply is your a big boy you will figure it out the. You are in a position that you do not belong in
                          Holy run on sentences!!! All this and only 2 periods.....

Comment

Punctuation please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Avid Hunter View Post
                              Holy run on sentences!!! All this and only 2 periods.....
                              Two? I only see one, and it’s not even at the end of the diatribe. How does one arbitrarily place one period after one sentence but not the other 15 or so sentences? Why just that one sentence???

Comment

I agree... that might have been the worlds longest sentence.

Comment

Working...
                                X