Fryer Questions (not Turkey related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fryer Questions (not Turkey related)

We’ve had gas burner fryers at camp but rarely use them because of the mess and pain of cleanup and temperature fire control.

But I buy houses and properties around and most of them are as is with everything left in them. Makes for some interesting finds.

Last one I bought has lots of cooking related items. One of them was a large double basket electric deep fryer. It uses 1.5 Gallons of oil and holds temperature great. We tested it with onion rings and Tatar tots on blackstone burger night.

Now that we have it we’ll probably fry a lot more stuff. What are some of the things y’all fry? Im looking for stuff that doesn’t have heavy flour/corn batter too. I’m thinking naked wings, never tried that. Suggestions ?

They fry twinkies! Your imagination is the only limit.

Comment

Naked wings, little wild piglets, ribs

Comment

No flour and corn meal batter??? Just throw the **** thing away if you’re not going to use it properly.

Comment

Chicken legs, thighs etc. I let them soak in a brine all night. No batter. Just crisps them up good. Season or wing sauce. I like hot wings. I just prefer a bigger piece.

Comment

Oreos.

Shrimp
            Scallops
            Deep fried bacon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
              No flour and corn meal batter??? Just throw the **** thing away if you’re not going to use it properly.
              Improper wording/interpretation on my part. Not just stuff cornmeal and flour coated stuff. I got the onion ring / fish frying down. I just was looking for clever first hand experience stuff y’all have tried.

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                Oreos.

Shrimp
                Scallops
                Deep fried bacon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Just when I thought bacon could not get any better.....

Comment

Hotdogs and sausage deep fry pretty good

Comment

We’ve chicken fried bacon and ribs too. Turn out really good when done right.

Comment

Electric fryers are great. I have one about that size and I hardly use it unless I'm cooking for several people.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                        Improper wording/interpretation on my part. Not just stuff cornmeal and flour coated stuff. I got the onion ring / fish frying down. I just was looking for clever first hand experience stuff y’all have tried.
                        Yeah I was just having fun with ya bud.
                        I’ve always thought of doing my own corny dogs and nothing beats a good fish fry of course. Especially using flounder. I think I remember someone deep frying a rib roast one time around here or maybe a ribeye.

Comment

Tacos like Jack-In-The-Box.......before eating ....after eating

Comment

Working...
                          X