Prayers needed for Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers needed for Dad

Dad had prostate cancer about 10 years ago. Had his prostate removed. Had 10 years of good blood test results every 6 months. This last one his PSA shot up to 13. They tested a couple weeks later again, and it was higher than that. I think just above 20. They sent him for a scan yesterday. I am going with him and mom tomorrow for results. He is 76 but still very active. I think he can still work me into the dirt.

Appreciate prayers and experiences. I know over the years many have shared their experiences with success and recurrence of this crap down the road after initial successful treatment. I searched for some of the old posts, but they are buried in way to many threads. Do not worry about the good or the bad, I just want to know what others have seen or experienced. My Dad isnt on the green screen. He is a saved strong Christian man. That is the only comfort in this whole ordeal.

This is not news in our family outside of Mom, Dad, my wife and kids at his request. So appreciate the consideration for those of you who know me.

Prayers up for your dad.

Comment

Prayers up for the Family.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers up.

Comment

Prayers sent for your dad, and for wisdom for the doctors treating him.

Comment

Prayers sent for your family

Comment

Prayers sent for Pops.

Comment

Prayers up for your pop, your family, and his care team.

Comment

I hate that for him and will send up a prayer.

I had prostate cancer 21 years ago at age 51 and had mine removed. PSA levels nonexistant for 20 years UNTIL last year, and my PSA was measured at 22.5. A few weeks later it was 28.9 !

I had a hormone shot and 35 radiation treatments last fall, and the PSA is 0.5 or something. I go back today for a checkup.

Tell him to relax. It is not a death sentence. He can get treated and live to be irascible like me!

Comment

Prayers

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              I hate that for him and will send up a prayer.

I had prostate cancer 21 years ago at age 51 and had mine removed. PSA levels nonexistant for 20 years UNTIL last year, and my PSA was measured at 22.5. A few weeks later it was 28.9 !

I had a hormone shot and 35 radiation treatments last fall, and the PSA is 0.5 or something. I go back today for a checkup.

Tell him to relax. It is not a death sentence. He can get treated and live to be irascible like me!
                              Thanks for sharing some of your experience and glad to hear your success.

Comment

Working...
                              X