No announcement yet.

Menard 2018-2019 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is the rut the strongest in our area?

Comment

Originally posted by mad34b View Post
      I have always experienced it to be Thanksgiving week.

Comment

Originally posted by mad34b View Post
        I think starting the second weekend of rifle season through Thanksgiving is when you will see the most bucks out and looking.

Comment

I had a decent 8 point making a scrap last weekend.

Comment

Gary, you still with us?
            That was a hell of a rain storm we had. Saw pictures of the Llano river and have never seen it that high.

Comment

im headin in boys! going tomorrow night thru sunday. have skipped the last 2 weeks due to the weather. if anyone has any reports post em up ill do the same when I get home

Comment

Originally posted by DT50 View Post
                im headin in boys! going tomorrow night thru sunday. have skipped the last 2 weeks due to the weather. if anyone has any reports post em up ill do the same when I get home
                We are headed down Friday morning. Good luck and. Let me know how the deer are moving. Action is picking up a little every trip!

Comment

By my cameras the last few days. The deer are really hitting my feeders hard. I’m seeing good numbers at both wireless cameras

Comment

We have received another inch of rain today. Water is running everywhere as the ground was saturated. Sun is supposed to make a little showing tomorrow and Friday then sunshine over the weekend. All the draws are running water and I am sure that the river will come up just a little.
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                      We have received another inch of rain today. Water is running everywhere as the ground was saturated. Sun is supposed to make a little showing tomorrow and Friday then sunshine over the weekend. All the draws are running water and I am sure that the river will come up just a little.
                      Adios,
                      Gary
                      Thanks Gary for the update. I start my five nights tomorrow and struggling if I want to head to menad or head to east Texas when I get off next Tuesday morning . It’s going to be muddy in both places but at least I won’t be rutting up the roads in Menard.

Comment

Originally posted by MenardCountyBow View Post
                        We are headed down Friday morning. Good luck and. Let me know how the deer are moving. Action is picking up a little every trip!
                        change of plans also leaving on Friday morning now thanks to the rain!!

Comment

LCRA’s Hydromet is a system of more than 275 automated river and weather gauges throughout the lower Colorado River basin in Texas. The Hydromet provides near-real-time data* on streamflow, river stage, rainfall totals, temperature and humidity.

This is a good site when looking at rain. LCRA has different rain gauges scattered around.

From phone click on 3 horizontal lines in top right corner. Then click the drop down menu and choose what you are looking for. Should be able to find a rain gauge pretty close to you.

Comment

We hunted the past weekend after receiving 8in of rain and there were forbs popping out everywhere, especially yellow wood sorrel (looks kind of like clover) which is great grub for deer. We saw some decent feeder activity but I don’t think the feeder activity is going to get really good until It gets colder since there are fresh forbs and browse everywhere. They aren’t even hitting the oats and wheat very hard at this point. I’ll take the rain anytime we can get it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                              Adios,
                              Gary
                              Gary, I was asking about you a few posts above. ^^^
                              Water ever get up to the bridge through town?

Coming up for 4 days starting on the 8th.

Comment

Got up as high as 18 ft. but that does not put it on the bridge. The river has had a lot of rises on but right now is back down but running a lot of water.
                                Sun is shining this afternoon for the first time in a while.
                                Adios,
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X