Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoffDawg View Post
    What about leaving a loc-on stand in place? Is that gonna be allowed, or will it have to be taken in and out everyday?
    Under the new policy Yes. Commercial stands are OK. You need to have it properly tagged and Grid coordinates turned in. The new policy of no stands in trees in the unguided areas is to keep people from getting in those old tree stands and falling and breaking their neck. We convinced the BG that when we use commercial ladder and climbers that one it takes 2-3 people to put them up safely and two commercial stands come with safety harnesses and we use them.
    I hope this helps.
    When you buy your License make sure you read the FT Hood reg they change every year and there will be a lot of changes this year.

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
      lmao i always knew you would...haha
      Matt, you get my message on FB?

Comment

Originally posted by twobanger View Post
        I was hoping one of you long timers would do this but I guess I'll get the ball rolling.

How are sheds coming along and anyone seen hogs during the day?

Hey we are not long timers we are just the lucky ones to get to stay here or keep coming back. Came here in 84 and been here every since. out of 22 and 1/2 I have 16 on hood.

Comment

found about 10 sheads so far this year couple good ones saw a few hogs the other day out on the northwest side in 63
          Did you find any axis sheds?

Comment

no axis only whitetail

Comment

no axis only whitetail
              You turkey hunting this weekend? Ours don't come in until the end of the month...secret weapon for you would be Philip

Comment

Hey all No turkey season for me headed to the dark continent quick, fast and in a hurry.. All be safe and enjoy the thunder chickens kill one or two for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
                  Under the new policy Yes. Commercial stands are OK. You need to have it properly tagged and Grid coordinates turned in. The new policy of no stands in trees in the unguided areas is to keep people from getting in those old tree stands and falling and breaking their neck. We convinced the BG that when we use commercial ladder and climbers that one it takes 2-3 people to put them up safely and two commercial stands come with safety harnesses and we use them.
                  I hope this helps.
                  When you buy your License make sure you read the FT Hood reg they change every year and there will be a lot of changes this year.
                  Thanks, i will def read the FT Hood reg.

Comment

Hey yall Good luck Bird on your Africa Trip.. Went out today checked our feeder and cam lots of deer no pigs lots of sign around filled feeder and pured out some of my pig mash mabe some of the pigs will show up. One day I hope that it will happen looked around for some sheds but we did see 2 turkeys on the road in looked like hens.
                    Good luck to all
                    FLIP

Comment

When you qualify with you bow, can you use the practice BH's or do you have to use the ones you hunt with?

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                        Hey all No turkey season for me headed to the dark continent quick, fast and in a hurry.. All be safe and enjoy the thunder chickens kill one or two for me...

Have a safe trip, and we'll see ya when you get back. We should have the PCI sheet completed by the time you get back.

Comment

Nice Tim I will look forward to the PCI sheet. I will be back from my first turn mid sept so good thing I got my stuff set up already. Should be a blast. Will post a bunch of pictures when I get a chance..

Comment

When are yall having your tournaments? I haven't seen any info on them. Legacy is coming up im may and I really need to practice. 300,900, 3d... Whatever!

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                              Hey kevin , be safe over there ! See you in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Denverdale View Post
                                When are yall having your tournaments? I haven't seen any info on them. Legacy is coming up im may and I really need to practice. 300,900, 3d... Whatever!
                                Denver I am waiting on the flyers but we do have our schedule
                                3 D shoot 21 May
                                3 D shoot 4 Jun
                                Fun shoot 16 Jul
                                3 D shoot 20 Aug

I should get some flyers soon and I will get them posted on here. The 3 D shoot should be at the new Ft Hood 3 D range by BLORA. and the Fun shoots will be a basic 300 at the new range by the sportsman center.

John

Comment

Working...
                                X