Who do you hunt with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
    You tell one guy about a spot, he tells another, and it grows from there. It's bad with deer but much worse with duck.

I keep telling people about my spot but I haven't seen anyone there yet, hoping to meet some TBH'ers there one day. Best crappie and duck hole I have found and always see good deer on the walk in. 36.644943, 100.081284 are the coordinates

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
      There aren’t any big deer on public land anyways. [emoji22]
      ^ what he said ^

Comment

I had that happen years ago but I don't put up with that crap anymore. I hunt mostly alone now, or with one good friend. We hunt my place and he has the run of it, but he buys half the corn, helps me with food plots, trimming lanes, moving stands, etc. so he's earned his hunting. There should be a code between hunters and fishermen, but deer, fish, or women will make lots of guys act an ***.

Comment

Meh, once you give up a public land spot, you've sort of screwed yourself. Don't really think there's such thing as a claim to a spot that is free for all to use. I also think it's kind of a stretch for someone to be mad at you because this guy harvested a buck there. No guarantee at all that they'd have ever seen that buck even if they hunted every day the season was open.

Comment

I will take just about anyone on my bird leases or invite you to my ranch, but when it comes to public land ,the only one I hunt with is my son and maybe one other friend. Been burned 1 time and have seen lots of others burned by taking someone and then they take their friends etc. Sure it's public and other people know about it, but you are gonna learn it like I did. You can get out there and scout, sweat and earn it.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
              Meh, once you give up a public land spot, you've sort of screwed yourself. Don't really think there's such thing as a claim to a spot that is free for all to use. I also think it's kind of a stretch for someone to be mad at you because this guy harvested a buck there. No guarantee at all that they'd have ever seen that buck even if they hunted every day the season was open.
              This is the truth ^^^^ it’s mostly luck anyways especially on public land . It’s no different then fishing a big lake people fish the same spots you do all the time that’s just part of it I might set on that spot all weekend and not catch but a few dinks and the next guy may come in right behind me a load the boat up with some biguns you never and vice versa ! Yeah it sucks you put in the work and they didn’t but what is meant to be is meant to be is what I think about it you will get your chance I’m sure of it all hard work will never be left unnoticed just remember that . And good luck I hope you get you a good one this season!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                I had that happen years ago but I don't put up with that crap anymore. I hunt mostly alone now, or with one good friend. We hunt my place and he has the run of it, but he buys half the corn, helps me with food plots, trimming lanes, moving stands, etc. so he's earned his hunting. There should be a code between hunters and fishermen, but deer, fish, or women will make lots of guys act an ***.
                totally agree. and if this guy had just asked insted of just doing it and lying for 3 months about it i might feel different. i guess since he's a seasoned pro now he can find his own place with no assitance from me. everytime he looks at that deer on the wall i hope he can see it for what it is. not earned on his own

Comment

You tell one guy about a spot, he tells another, and it grows from there. It's bad with deer but much worse with duck.

I keep telling people about my spot but I haven't seen anyone there yet, hoping to meet some TBH'ers there one day. Best crappie and duck hole I have found and always see good deer on the walk in. 36.644943, 100.081284 are the coordinates

Comment

My dad and two close buddies are the only people I will share any specific area/spot info with

Comment

Wasn't there a decently long/dramatic thread about this buck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                        looking for input and put out wanring for all you public land warriors.
                        each season I put in hundreds of hours prepping and hunting on public lands. That being said I am fully aware that anything goes. I had a TBH memeber last year reach out to me via private message on here. long story short I let him hunt with my group i normally hunt with and put this guy in a great area. He decided one of the days i wasnt around to help himsellf to my own personal setup that i was hunting and sharing with another close friend that i was also helping to get his first bow buck. Well a buck was killed from my location and the guy lied about it for 3 months before he fessed up about it. He intially said it was killed at the stand i let him use. Initially i was ok with it but the more i thought about all the effort and time and money i had put into setting my own stuff up and several other spots for friends to use it bothered me. This guy was given a free climber and deer cart by me also, i tried helping in every way i could and in the end myself and my other buddy got screwed over in a way. I know its public land and anyone can hunt anywhere they like but there is somewhat of a code between hunters i believe. He knew i was letting my friend hunt my stand there but did what he wanted anyway. Needless to say onother long time friend that shared this area was really upset about the deer being taken and we no longer speak. I wish I had just kept my info on deer sightings to myself and quit feeling like i wanna help everyone because this time it backfired. Both my other buddies have killed deer in areas i shared with them but this one ****** both of them off because they realized the deer bandit didnt put in the work to deserve the right to harvest that animal. Is what it is. Im not angry at anyone but im just posting more so to let all you guys know be leary of who you share your public land info with. Some people just want it the easy way! I MISS MY BUDDY Come back B :-(
                        Similar story happened on me some years ago. Then, I hunt alone on public land after that season. This lesson is not about who harvests a game, it is about the trust and respect.

Comment

Since we are sharing coordinates I will contribute a good spot as well.

(30.1928347,-97.7152788)

Always happy to help people get started in public land hunting but somethings you just don’t do.

Comment

I hunted public land for deer one time and I will never do it again.

We picked a place in North Carolina and got there the night before and slept in our trucks. There was three of us and two trucks all hunting with rifles over looking soybean fields. We woke up at 3 am and climbed our trees to be ready for day light. It rained and rained hard all morning so we decided to get down around 11 and grab some lunch and leave one truck. When we got back at 12:30 to get back in our climbers which we left our orange vest tied(around 6 or 7 feet high) to someone had parked right next to our truck. As I start climbing the tree some arsehole starts waving his orange vest at me about 80 yards away. I flipped him the bird and got down to move out of his sight and nobody saw a deer.

If the only option I had was to hunt deer on public land I would go back to bird hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cy100 View Post
                              Similar story happened on me some years ago. Then, I hunt alone on public land after that season. This lesson is not about who harvests a game, it is about the trust and respect.
                              This right here. Trust and respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                                There aren’t any big deer on public land anyways. [emoji22]
                                Yes there are. I can send you pics...

Comment

Working...
                                X