Ruger American Predator Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCB View Post
    Put a Boyd's on my son's but be aware it will add weight.
    I am pretty sure just about all of them will add weight since the factory one is so flimsy lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
      I am pretty sure just about all of them will add weight since the factory one is so flimsy lol.
      That's no joke. It drives me crazy every time I drop it on a rest and you can hear the barrel touch the stock. But you pull down and shoot and it's almost a 1 hole gun!! 1st pic is trying to get it sighted in. 5 shot. 2 outside the black then 3 in the black. Second pic was after the gun getting beat around in the calling rack all night on gun rack. 3 shots there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by krazykritters View Post
        That's no joke. It drives me crazy every time I drop it on a rest and you can hear the barrel touch the stock. But you pull down and shoot and it's almost a 1 hole gun!! 1st pic is trying to get it sighted in. 5 shot. 2 outside the black then 3 in the black. Second pic was after the gun getting beat around in the calling rack all night on gun rack. 3 shots there.

Wow. Have you taken a Dremel to the stock yet? Mine was just slightly rubbing at the front with no pressure on it. I spent 15 minutes with the Dremel to remove quite a bit of material. Most of my time was spent on the front of the stock but I did remove a little bit of material from the sides along the entire length of the barrel just in case the stock flexed that much. Mine shoots lights out and I consistently hit foxes which are pretty small so if I have variances like you show in your pictures I would miss frequently.

Comment

Wow. Have you taken a Dremel to the stock yet? Mine was just slightly rubbing at the front with no pressure on it. I spent 15 minutes with the Dremel to remove quite a bit of material. Most of my time was spent on the front of the stock but I did remove a little bit of material from the sides along the entire length of the barrel just in case the stock flexed that much. Mine shoots lights out and I consistently hit foxes which are pretty small so if I have variances like you show in your pictures I would miss frequently.
          No sure what variances your talking about the 1st picture was the 1st 5 shots out of the gun. The 2 fliers were getting it in paper then it drilled 3 shots. The other picture is shooting at the the point of the orange 1st shot was cold bore with a bad rest. Others were all in one hold. That gun killed a coyote at over 300 in the noggin with a rest off the pillar of a ranger. It has also taken out lots of fox in the 350 plus yard range. It shoots as good as some of my $1500-$2500 custom builds. I just hate the feel of the cheesy stock!

Comment

I have the aforementioned MDT LSS Chassis System-Ruger American Short-Right-Black.

They're $400 new and it has never been used, will take $300 if anyone wants it. Feel free to PM if interested.

Comment

No sure what variances your talking about the 1st picture was the 1st 5 shots out of the gun. The 2 fliers were getting it in paper then it drilled 3 shots. The other picture is shooting at the the point of the orange 1st shot was cold bore with a bad rest. Others were all in one hold. That gun killed a coyote at over 300 in the noggin with a rest off the pillar of a ranger. It has also taken out lots of fox in the 350 plus yard range. It shoots as good as some of my $1500-$2500 custom builds. I just hate the feel of the cheesy stock!
              I apologize, I misinterpreted your post. I agree with you on the accuracy of the gun as I am very impressed with mine, especially for $350. Is it baloney that they market this gun as a free floater when the stock is coming in contact in several places from the factory? Yeah but then again it is a 350-400 gun so you take the bad with the good. I personally do not have an issue with the stock. It is flimsy? Yes. Does it hit the barrel since I did some work on it even when I put some pressure on it? No.

I am just glad it shoots so well. The only reason I am going to get the Magpul stock is because I like the way it looks.

Comment

I apologize, I misinterpreted your post. I agree with you on the accuracy of the gun as I am very impressed with mine, especially for $350. Is it baloney that they market this gun as a free floater when the stock is coming in contact in several places from the factory? Yeah but then again it is a 350-400 gun so you take the bad with the good. I personally do not have an issue with the stock. It is flimsy? Yes. Does it hit the barrel since I did some work on it even when I put some pressure on it? No.

I am just glad it shoots so well. The only reason I am going to get the Magpul stock is because I like the way it looks.
                I tried the magpul on a rem 700. I wasn't happy and sold it. But then again I think the magpul was designed for tactical style shooting. I'm more of a sendero type stock guy. It just didn't feel right. I would plan on ordering a zero rise cheek piece for it as well.

Comment

If it shoots that good, why change anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                    Because I am a D bag and I think it looks cool....... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                      Cause it feels like a nerf gun!

Comment

Boyd’s Prairie Hunter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ruger American 300WM long action MDT chassis
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post

Boyd’s Prairie Hunter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            How well did it fit? They always say modification my be needed to fit right. Is there plenty of room around the barrel channel for the predator profile stock?

Comment

I just gave mine a spray job, and added some weight to the front of it. she shot out to 800 first time out and has taken animals out to 300. sure stock is cheap but gun shoots better than any gun i have ever owned.
                              Attached Files

Comment

How well did it fit? They always say modification my be needed to fit right. Is there plenty of room around the barrel channel for the predator profile stock?

I did fiberglass bed the v-blocks. I also did sand the barrel channel a little to make sure nothing touched. Just used sand paper and a wooden dowel. It was nothing that was hard to do, I am definitely not a gunsmith by any means.

At first I was going to have a gunsmith fit the stock to the gun but they wanted almost as much as the rifle cost. With this be a "budget" gun for me that I want to keep well under $1,000 all-in I decided to try it myself and it worked great. I am sure a gunsmith would have done better but not worth it for me on this gun.

Comment

Working...
                                X