Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever taken a trophy buck Gus Engeling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever taken a trophy buck Gus Engeling?

If so picture please, more info would be appreciated

My son drew a hunt there years ago, doe/spike only. I videotaped a massive 10 point on the first evening.
    At the check in station, they had a photo album with some pretty impressive bucks taken in the past.

Comment

Search the Texas Big Game Awards and you can find that a few deer of 160" and many more over 130" have been entered.

Search Anderson County and sort by ranch and look for Gus Engeling.

Comment

What do you mean by trophy? That is such a subjective thing.

Go check out the photos on the Gus Engeling facebook page. Some 130-160" deer have been taken there.

Comment

Saw a picture of deer a guy took off of there this last season and it was a fine buck. I thought it was posted on here.

Comment

Hunted there 2 years ago and had a very very nice buck come through a dry creek bed and before he got to my shooting lane he took a different route that put abunch of brush and trees between us and had to watch him slowly walk away. He was definitely legal and I couldn't tell ya a score as Im not too good at judging by numbers. he was a shooter. A lot of younger bucks seen running around too in that same area. Theyre out there for sure.

Comment

I saw in the archives awhile back there was a kid on here that did a couple years ago, it was a nice deer but he was pretty arrogant about it
              Last edited by SC-001; 03-29-2021, 03:33 PM.

Comment

GEWMA is fun!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Been there when a 160ish 12 point came in.

Comment

Last season?

Comment

id imagine their has been trophy bucks killed there, i live not to far from it and their is big deer everywhere in that area...

Comment

Why does it seem like it's one of the only WMA specifically listed within the Big game records? I assume people are more willing to share since they know it's a draw only property

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                          Why does it seem like it's one of the only WMA specifically listed within the Big game records? I assume people are more willing to share since they know it's a draw only property
                          Here ya go! Make sure you get unit 5. When you are driving in about 1/4 mile will be a fork in the road. Take the left fork about 700yds. Park there. Head due west (your left) about 300yds. There will be a small batch of palmetto. Keep going about another 150yds to a big sycamore tree with the remnants of a blue bandana on the first limb. Keep going west another 150yds. Best patch of white oaks in Gus. Don't share with anyone as we don't need any competition.

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                            Here ya go! Make sure you get unit 5. When you are driving in about 1/4 mile will be a fork in the road. Take the left fork about 700yds. Park there. Head due west (your left) about 300yds. There will be a small batch of palmetto. Keep going about another 150yds to a big sycamore tree with the remnants of a blue bandana on the first limb. Keep going west another 150yds. Best patch of white oaks in Gus. Don't share with anyone as we don't need any competition.
                            Your secret is safe here on this public hunting forum!

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                              Nobody ever wants 5 because thats where the checkstation is and the traffic goes through but more often than not when I've been there the nicest deer shot on the hunt seems to come from that unit

Comment

Working...
                              X