Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sniper John View Post
    Nope, one more.
    I got drawn for the 10/27-29 hunt. 27 points used so super excited after applying for GDE all those years. Normally put in for the Chap, but switched over the the Powderhorn due to the Sambar opportunity.
    that is the way I was also. Now I put in for both. Would be happy with either, but I really do want to get a Sambar deer. Congrats on getting on down there

Comment

My group will be there on the October hunt. We are looking forward to the opportunity.

Comment

We are getting our list checked off for the youth hunt this weekend. Will be taking my youngest daughter on her first tpwd hunt. Seems like it’s a very short hunt for the youth, basically a day and a half. Anyone that’s been on the youth hunt have any tips or suggestions on things we need to make sure and bring other than the usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No tips for but we all wanna hear a full report with pics!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

Will do, we went to the range last night one last time to make sure it was all dialed in still!

Comment

Originally posted by bigharge View Post
              Awesome, my daughter drew the youth hunt next month. Excited to get down there!

Originally posted by mudmauler View Post
              My son drew as well! PM sent

Y'all packed and ready for the weekend?

Comment

Sure are! We unpacked everything got it washed and treated then repacked from hunting LANWR this past weekend. We will be bright eyed and bushy tailed!

Comment

Originally posted by mudmauler View Post
                  Sure are! We unpacked everything got it washed and treated then repacked from hunting LANWR this past weekend. We will be bright eyed and bushy tailed!

Excellent! Good luck y'all!!!

Do any good at LANWR?

Comment

Powderhorn 2020

Son got a cow and lost a Bull. Passed up other cows along the way. We had lots of fun!

Last edited by mudmauler; 10-14-2020, 06:58 PM.

Comment

We are, will be driving in Friday afternoon! She is excited!

Comment

Has anyone been on the youth portion of this hunt before. Was curious if it operated a little different than the regular hunt. Paperwork says we will have assigned blinds and to bring corn.

Are we required to stay in the blinds or are we allowed to hunt our compartment. Sitting over a pile of corn gets boring after about 30 seconds. All questions I can ask once I get there but just wondering.

I’ve got my bug spray packed and mud boots, anything else that’s essential beyond the usual?

Comment

We are, will be driving in Friday afternoon! She is excited!

I get so! Good luck to her!!

Has anyone been on the youth portion of this hunt before. Was curious if it operated a little different than the regular hunt. Paperwork says we will have assigned blinds and to bring corn.

Are we required to stay in the blinds or are we allowed to hunt our compartment. Sitting over a pile of corn gets boring after about 30 seconds. All questions I can ask once I get there but just wondering.

I’ve got my bug spray packed and mud boots, anything else that’s essential beyond the usual?

Not sure, but it does say by blind and not compartment. If you have that evil bookface, then you can shoot the staff at the WMA a message. Dan is a good guy and will answer promptly even if he does give grid coordinates to a small island off the coast of Antarctica.

Backstory: He had posted a pic of several sambar in a water tank. I popped off in jest asking about coordinates for the water tank. He said he doesn't usually do it, but made an exception. They were coords for a remote island.

Comment

Appreciate the reply, Dan is the one I’ve been in contact with, I’ll just shoot him an email. Hopefully they give us a little bit of freedom!

Comment

We made it here!

Comment

I hope yall have a great hunt!

Comment

Working...
                                X