Grapevine 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grapevine 2020-2021

Little later than normal this year kicking off a new thread but we gotta do it sometime, figure the start of a new hunting season is as good a time as any. Hopefully get a nice clean break from the old thread.

Good luck to everyone in the ‘20-‘21 season

Following..
    we’ll be out there this weekend! Early teal

Comment

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I look forward to following this thread, and contributing to it. My girlfriend and I drew whitetail permits and got our general hunting permits for hogs.

Good luck to all y'all

Comment

Originally posted by WildThroneberry View Post
          Following..
          we’ll be out there this weekend! Early teal
          I will too, although the numbers I’ve been seeing don’t have my hopes up too high.

Comment

Wait... When is the draw? <sarcasm>

Comment

Good luck all, grew up in Grapevine and ran around that lake lots during high school.
              Deer are even into the neighborhoods near NW highway, I see tracks about a block from my mom's house.

Comment

Anyone here been dove hunting at the vine before?

Comment

This place is a JUNGLE!

Comment

Welcome to the Vine, where mosquitoes are as big as hummingbirds and swarm like bees!
                    Found someone's nifty little setup [emoji849]

Comment

Interesting setup. I can't fully knock it though; I've killed a few deer including 1 buck sitting about that high off the ground. I don't like the mesh though.

Regarding the growth, I wish they could do some burns out there to knock down some of the vegetation that's overgrown the past 4-5 years. I'm not sure how that works being semi-close to some houses and roads but I feel like it'd help the huntability.

Comment

@troy_w_7 for real, the undergrowth and grasses are thick

Comment

Has anyone been able to use the map on ARCGIS? I'm about to call the corps office. I registered and logged in, but says I don't have access.
                          The "printable map" is not detailed at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Smacker View Post
                            Has anyone been able to use the map on ARCGIS? I'm about to call the corps office. I registered and logged in, but says I don't have access.
                            The "printable map" is not detailed at all.

I use a free app called Explorer, it has one map called USACE SWF Hunting Map which has the hunting area outlined. At least on iPhone if you search in the App Store “Arcgis explorer” you should find it, icon is green with a white arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Wile E. View Post
                              I use a free app called Explorer, it has one map called USACE SWF Hunting Map which has the hunting area outlined. At least on iPhone if you search in the App Store “Arcgis explorer” you should find it, icon is green with a white arrow.
                              Thanks, I used that a few years ago when I got drawn and forgot what it was called.

Comment

Working...
                              X