Finishing the "she shed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finishing the "she shed"

The Mrs and I closed on 2 acres at lake limestone about two years ago and to say it's been an experience is an understatement. We had a 30x40 shop built with the intention of building a complete bathroom and party area inside. We're way behind schedule but I hope we're rocking and rolling by the 4th of July so we can participate in the festivities.

Complications started with the weather. We first tried to trench the underground in March and ended up sticking the machine twice. Afterward it seemed every time we had a free weekend it rained. With the ground to wet to dig a hole we would drive 2 hours one way to work and then come home and repeat.

This weekend the real work started. 280 feet of 2" conduit and wire went in the ground along with our water. I don't plan on tripping any breakers so I had a 400 amp service dropped by the electric company. 200 for the shop and 200 for a home when we build.

first hurdle was finding a willing hydro axe guy that would actually return calls. I wish the resident TBH guys were running when we did ours.

plumbing rough in

My wife is sure shes gonna have the deer eating out of her hand shortly. With the amount of fawns we saw this weekend its possible

Little shop bling courtesy of Saltaholic

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Quackerbox; 06-15-2020, 11:14 AM.

Looking nice !

Comment

Looks good Shane. Keep me a spare spot for a cot when I come down to visit. lol

Comment

We even got talked into putting a guest plug for visitors. Wire for that will be delayed till I get the AC in the camper blowing.

I've realized that much manual labor isn't as easy as it was 20 years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
          Looks good Shane. Keep me a spare spot for a cot when I come down to visit. lol
          For sure! It was nice yesterday evening. with the breeze I think you could have slept in a hammock

Hope to get all the power done this coming weekend that way I may actually put the boat in the water for a day or 2.

Comment

Looking good!! I would suggest as you mentioned, putting the boat in the water for a couple days. It will sure help with proper planning!

Comment

Following...........

Great start to a good looking spot.

Rwc

Comment

Hope you are going 50 amp and direct burial in the guest circuit.

Comment

Good stuff! Can't wait to see how it progresses.

Comment

I totally get the frustration you have had brother. We have been trying to get a house moved to our land for five months but the rain wore us out. It's crazy how wet it has been and when I was working at my place yesterday the sand was so dry and dusty I was covered with it. Keep up the good work, I totally understand what you mean by the work being easier 20 years ago. I'm at lake fork and I doubt I will be putting a line in the water till next spring.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                      Hope you are going 50 amp and direct burial in the guest circuit.
                      50 amp and every inch of wire is in conduit. Even the direct burial service is in pipe. I got 4 or 500 foot and winch up feeder for 150 bucks. Interior is 3/4 pipe and all #12 stranded. Rv plugs are #8
                      Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Good stuff! Can't wait to see how it progresses.
                      You need to come by when we done

Comment

What’s the advantage of putting the building up and then pouring the floor?

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                            What’s the advantage of putting the building up and then pouring the floor?
                            I've seen a few done that way prior to. The concrete guy said it let it cure slower. But it was like 30 degrees when they poured

Comment

I see a party invite in my near future

Comment

Working...
                              X