No announcement yet.

Houston Area Gunsmith Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MG ARMS just did mine. Muzzle Break and spiral flute on the barrel and bolt. They did a great job!! $270 for just the muzzle break. Fair to me.

Comment

Pete lives 2 blocks from my parents and has built me a rifle. I'll throw another vote his way.

Comment

I realize this is an old thread but I figured I'd contribute for anybody in future need...

I just took a jacked up gun to Brian at Lohman Gunsmithing. Near 290/BW8.

He and Levi do amazing work and will guarantee your satisfaction. My gun was fixed while Brian and I talked bowhunting. Time came to pay and my total was nearly half the price I was quoted. Also worth mentioning, 90% of the people who come in have work done while they wait. No paperwork, taking copies of ID, etc... In and out same day.

They Cerkote as well as hand-shape custom rifles from wood blanks. You can either provide the material or select from his inventory. No CNC machines in-sight.

To say I was "impressed" would be an understatement. I will gladly recommend Lohman to anybody in need of a gunsmith.

Comment

Thanks, BHD!

Comment

Pete Piper

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
            Morning Guys. Looking for a reputable Houston or surrounding area (wouldn't mind driving an hour or two) gunsmith to thread a barrel and install/time a muzzle break. Price is really not an issue as my main objective is to have it done right, the first time. Thanks in advance!

-BobbyJoe
            he will do it in a couple days. Tell him Derek sent ya
            979-826-2563 hes in Hempstead

Comment

just saw this

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
              Pete lives 2 blocks from my parents and has built me a rifle. I'll throw another vote his way.
              Pete good guy

Comment

just saw this

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                Pete good guy

Comment

MG Arms in Spring, TX.
                  First Rate Service.

Comment

Another vote for Pete in Hempstead. Solid work, solid dude. He's done a bunch for me over the years & never been let down.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      The name says it all. MG Arms......"Match Grade Arms".......just before you get to the original Carters Country on Treshwig Road in Spring! Thank me later! (-;

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                      This^^^^^^

Collectors Firearms also has full time gunsmiths, but I've never used them.

Comment

Ed Vandenberg - Vandenberg Customs. Located in Pearland.

Ed has cut down and threaded a couple guns for me, as well as done some trigger work. Great guy, quick turnaround and great work.

Comment

Another vote for Pete!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                            I realize this is an old thread but I figured I'd contribute for anybody in future need...

I just took a jacked up gun to Brian at Lohman Gunsmithing. Near 290/BW8.

He and Levi do amazing work and will guarantee your satisfaction. My gun was fixed while Brian and I talked bowhunting. Time came to pay and my total was nearly half the price I was quoted. Also worth mentioning, 90% of the people who come in have work done while they wait. No paperwork, taking copies of ID, etc... In and out same day.

They Cerkote as well as hand-shape custom rifles from wood blanks. You can either provide the material or select from his inventory. No CNC machines in-sight.

To say I was "impressed" would be an understatement. I will gladly recommend Lohman to anybody in need of a gunsmith.

https://lohmangunsmith.com/about/
                            Another vote for Brian. He put a muzzle break on my 300 a year ago and was extremely easy to work with

Comment

Bobby Pitchford with Pitchford Gun Works does all of my work. Great guy to do business with and an even better gunsmith.

Comment

Another vote for Bobby Pitchford

Comment

Working...
                                X