Houston Area Gunsmith Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston Area Gunsmith Recommendations

Morning Guys. Looking for a reputable Houston or surrounding area (wouldn't mind driving an hour or two) gunsmith to thread a barrel and install/time a muzzle break. Price is really not an issue as my main objective is to have it done right, the first time. Thanks in advance!

-BobbyJoe

Bobby Pitchford with Pitchford gunworks in Waller.

Best around IMHO. Used to be the head gunsmith with Briley before he went solo.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
      Morning Guys. Looking for a reputable Houston or surrounding area (wouldn't mind driving an hour or two) gunsmith to thread a barrel and install/time a muzzle break. Price is really not an issue as my main objective is to have it done right, the first time. Thanks in advance!

-BobbyJoe
      There are several around you that can do this job quick and correct. I am partial to precision barrel work, but if he has a significant wait Aaron Robert's of Robert's Precision Rifles typically gets this type of job done quickly, and he is right up the road from you on Spring Cypress.

Comment

The name says it all. MG Arms......"Match Grade Arms".......just before you get to the original Carters Country on Treshwig Road in Spring! Thank me later! (-;

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks guys. Any other opinions or can anyone vouch for the ones already listed??

Comment

MG Arms is a very good choice.

Comment

I have had quite a bit of work done by MG.
              Kerry and crew do great work.

Comment

Pete Pieper .... http://www.precisionbarrelwork.com/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  Another for Pere. He is out in Hempstead.

Comment

Roberts precision does great work but not quickly.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                      There are several around you that can do this job quick and correct. I am partial to precision barrel work, but if he has a significant wait Aaron Robert's of Robert's Precision Rifles typically gets this type of job done quickly, and he is right up the road from you on Spring Cypress.
                      Aaron is a solid guy! And meticulous as I’ve ever seen.

Comment

I'm not going to bash anyone by name but do your do diligence on the shop you choose. I used a local shop for some work on my shotgun then found out later they had farmed my gun work out and then charged me more then I was quoted. I won't be back.
                        Last edited by sharkhunter; 01-24-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

I have used Pitchford mentioned earlier. He did a great job on my 460 Smith. Keep in mind gunsmiths are usually pretty backed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            The name says it all. MG Arms......"Match Grade Arms".......just before you get to the original Carters Country on Treshwig Road in Spring! Thank me later! (-;

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                            this company does very good work. reloads are top notch as well.

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies. So it's either between MG in Spring or Precision Barrel Works in Hempstead ... I work out in Waller so Pete seems like the logical choice from a logistical standpoint. I've combed his website pretty thoroughly and he seems legit.

Comment

Working...
                              X