Church ethics hypothetical...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post

Are not all sins a sin against God? Is sexual immortality in any nature a more egregious sin according to the Word ?
    The issue is continuing to live in a rebellious state of unrepentant sin after salvation.

Comment

Are not all sins a sin against God? Is sexual immortality in any nature a more egregious sin according to the Word ?
      Yes. No. I still don't see anything I wrote that implies otherwise. We were directly discussing sexual morality sins. I didn't think it necessary to refer to all sins.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
        Yes. No. I still don't see anything I wrote that implies otherwise. We were directly discussing sexual morality sins. I didn't think it necessary to refer to all sins.
        I was simply asking your opinion on the broader issue.

Comment

The only problem I would have would be when he is in the restroom with my little girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
            The issue is continuing to live in a rebellious state of unrepentant sin after salvation.
            To be clear, I’m not looking for a debate. I’m looking for others thoughts on the matter.

To your comment, what then of divorce? How does one not live in this rebellious state. ?

Comment

Is sexual immortality in any nature a more egregious sin according to the Word ?
              Ain't real sure that will be anybody's problem. Least wise past 80.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                I didn't mean to imply that. The man should turn away from sin. I said change back, but we shouldn't expect him to be able to change what has happened.
                I have to be honest, I still do not understand what you expect this individual to do or “change.” My understanding of the gospel is that Jesus did it all, there is no price to be paid on my part, in fact if I could pay the price, the sacrifice of Christ becomes a lot less important

Comment

To be clear, I’m not looking for a debate. I’m looking for others thoughts on the matter.

To your comment, what then of divorce? How does one not live in this rebellious state. ?
                  No problem, I enjoy dialogue also.

I think Paul was clear in 1Cor on living as you are called, specifically towards divorce. Not all divorce is sin, there are biblical grounds for it. There is no place that allows for being a believer and continuing willfully in known sin.

To be clear, I think that with proper biblical discipleship, the person would pursue a life of celibacy as the man in the video. This would and should be a new life style prompted by the Spirit.

Being divorced is not always 1 persons decision. To live against Gods designation of your gender is.
                  Last edited by Death from Above; 01-13-2019, 04:11 PM.

Comment

No problem, I enjoy dialogue also.

I think Paul was clear in 1Cor on living as you are called, specifically towards divorce. Not all divorce is sin, there are biblical grounds for it. There is no place that allows for being a believer and continuing willfully in known sin.

To be clear, I think that with proper biblical discipleship, the person would pursue a life of celibacy as the man in the video. This would and should be a new life style prompted by the Spirit.

Being divorced is not always 1 persons decision. To live against Gods designation of your gender is.

What about someone who gets a divorce and is remarried? That is the persons decision and is a continual act of adultery, according to Matthew 19:9.

“I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery”

How is remarrying after divorce any different than a sex change as it relates to this topic?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      I have to be honest, I still do not understand what you expect this individual to do or “change.” My understanding of the gospel is that Jesus did it all, there is no price to be paid on my part, in fact if I could pay the price, the sacrifice of Christ becomes a lot less important
                      I'm not exactly sure either because I don't know the entire situation and of course I'm not in their shoes. However I would imagine things like not wearing makeup, women's clothing, etc. Change name back to Gene.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                        What about someone who gets a divorce and is remarried? That is the persons decision and is a continual act of adultery, according to Matthew 19:9.

“I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery”

How is remarrying after divorce any different than a sex change as it relates to this topic?
                        Great question. To be clear, there are clear grounds for divorce and remarriage in the Bible.

In your scenario above the needs to be more context before it can be addressed biblically. Such as did the divorce happen prior to salvation (1 Cor. 7 should be addressed)

If after salvation was it biblical?

Last, is divorce a continuity of sin? Would it not be unreasonable to have to sin (divorce) to get right?

The correlation between divorce and sexual immorality is hard to make when addressing individual sin.

Great question.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          I can't keep up.
                          Isn't eating meat (especially pork) a crime in the bible too?
                          Oh my....

Comment

Great question. To be clear, there are clear grounds for divorce and remarriage in the Bible.

In your scenario above the needs to be more context before it can be addressed biblically. Such as did the divorce happen prior to salvation (1 Cor. 7 should be addressed)

If after salvation was it biblical?

Last, is divorce a continuity of sin? Would it not be unreasonable to have to sin (divorce) to get right?

The correlation between divorce and sexual immorality is hard to make when addressing individual sin.

Great question.

I'm more referring to the remarrying part. Divorce is one thing. Remarrying is another. Isn't remarrying after a divorce a continual sin that is a choice? How would you approach a prospective member in this case?

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                              I'm more referring to the remarrying part. Divorce is one thing. Remarrying is another. Isn't remarrying after a divorce a continual sin that is a choice? How would you approach a prospective member in this case?
                              Gotcha. I do not think the text supports such a belief. If the divorce was because of adultery or abandonment by a non believer, remarriage is not a sin.

On the instance that someone divorces and remarries in an unbiblical manner, forgiveness can be had. I do not think they live a state of perpetual sin. If they do not repent then a state of unblessedness for sure.

The picture of biblical repentance is an outward change of an internal relationship. Those that walk proudly in their sin have deeper issue going on.

Comment

Gotcha. I do not think the text supports such a belief. If the divorce was because of adultery or abandonment by a non believer, remarriage is not a sin.

On the instance that someone divorces and remarries in an unbiblical manner, forgiveness can be had. I do not think they live a state of perpetual sin. If they do not repent then a state of unblessedness for sure.

The picture of biblical repentance is an outward change of an internal relationship. Those that walk proudly in their sin have deeper issue going on.

Why can forgiveness be had when a man stays remarried in sin, according to scripture, but not for someone lives a life of a non birth gender?

Comment

Working...
                                X