• Show
Clear All

Does anyone hunt quail out here? Seems like they’re everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gsimmons2 View Post

Pretty sure those are meadow larks and not quail.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post

What do they taste like?

Comment

Sorry guess I should’ve specified [emoji23] I’ve only been out here twice and kicked up 2 small coveys, one in sore finger and one in pecan grove. I guess judging by your responses this is rare. But no they were not meadowlarks, although I did have to take a second look at those at first. But the yellow breast is hard to miss.

Comment

Sorry guess I should’ve specified [emoji23] I’ve only been out here twice and kicked up 2 small coveys, one in sore finger and one in pecan grove. I guess judging by your responses this is rare. But no they were not meadowlarks, although I did have to take a second look at those at first. But the yellow breast is hard to miss.

There are quail out there, more this year than I've seen in many years. I kicked up a covey between the crescent tank and the gravel pits last week.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
              What do they taste like?
              An MBTA violation fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                An MBTA violation fine.
                [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

---
                Sent from my Galaxy Note 9
                IG: greekbowhunter
                Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

The giant raqweed is great quail forage. Never could figure out why there were not more quail out there. Maybe the pigs eating the eggs?

Comment

Originally posted by NightStalker View Post
                    The giant raqweed is great quail forage. Never could figure out why there were not more quail out there. Maybe the pigs eating the eggs?
                    Yep, and lots of coyotes...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

If im not mistaken, Texas parks and wildlife tried to reintroduce the quail back out there to granger and they just got obliterated by the coyotes pretty **** quick.

Comment

Actually, if you look at the research its the raccoons, skunks and possums more so than coyotes. A friend that has successfully reintroduced quail left the coyotes alone and concentrated on these other animals. I'm not saying coyotes don't kill quail, but they kill possums more.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post

Haha Haha. Yeah. No quail at granger!!!!!4 years ago I saw 1 covey. Fire ants and cracks in black dirt have killed them long time ago!! Only a couple places at granger where u can find a cottontail 2!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                            There are quail out there, more this year than I've seen in many years. I kicked up a covey between the crescent tank and the gravel pits last week.
                            Really? This is great news Rat!!!!!

Comment

Nope. Fire ants and in the summer when quail nest may June. The chicks that dont get eaten by ants fall into the deep cracks!!

Comment

I'm sure yotes will kill and Bobcats as well. But fire ants #1...bobwhites only avg 1 year lifespan in wild. No hatch no quail!

Comment

Working...
                                X