2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
    That is not what I wanted to hear, but figured.

Are there any calibers besides 308 and 7-08 (Already have those) that can run effectively through a 20-22" barrel suppressed?

From what I’m hearing, a 22 creedmoor will do well in a 22”. I’ve even seen some do a 18”.
    Not sure if you’re wanting a 224 cal but that little round packs a serious punch using 80+ grain bullets.

Comment

With the new 131gr blackjack 25 cal bullets, a 25 based on the creed case starts getting interesting for a high performance shorter barreled quarterbore.

Comment

the 257 wildcat looks interesting, 110 accubonds at 3000fps.

Comment

That is not what I wanted to hear, but figured.

Are there any calibers besides 308 and 7-08 (Already have those) that can run effectively through a 20-22" barrel suppressed?
          Maybe a 260 rem with 22”

Comment

Originally posted by kc5rkg View Post
            Maybe a 260 rem with 22”
            That could be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
              With the new 131gr blackjack 25 cal bullets, a 25 based on the creed case starts getting interesting for a high performance shorter barreled quarterbore.
              Tell me more!!!!! How will it compare to the 260 in 22"?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                Yep I have one that tips the scales at about 7.3 lbs. No brake. It’s a head knocker.
                I had a brake on my last 300WSM and it was very pleasant to shoot. I have actually had brakes on 300WSM, 300 RUM and 300 Jarrett. The 300 RUM was in the cheap plastic 700 stock and I went with a Vais brake. Did not tame the gun the way the other rifles did with a more traditional style brake and heavier stocks. Lesson learned for sure.

Comment

If I don't go 7mm-08 I'm liking the looks of the 6.5 GAP 4S.
                  Then again, I could get a man bun and hunt everything from squirrels to elephants.

Comment

I have a .260 that I shoot 129g bullets at 2800fps. Really accurate, one of my favorite hunting rifles.

Comment

As things solidify and we get closer to actually starting this thing, I'm going to continue sharing progress pics and details on this thread. Confirmed today that the stocks will include flush cups. Did not receive the actual pattern as expected, but did get some other patterns in from them. We went ahead and worked on a few finish options. Here is a peek at the stock finishes we plan to offer on this one.

How they will look on arrival(you can keep them raw CF if you want)

3 of the 4 camo patterns we will offer.

Close up of the camo with carbon fiber showing through.

We will also do 4 solid colors with webbing. Choices will be naked carbon fiber, 4 camo patterns and 4 solid base colors with webbing. Unless you guys have a request for something you would rather see. Put it here if so.

Thanks,
                      Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                        Close up of the camo with carbon fiber showing through.
                        Camo with carbon showing through is so SICK!!

Comment

Yeah I’m loving it with the carbon fiber showing through. Will it be available like that but like yalls sponge camo?
                          Very happy to hear they’ll have flush cups. I’m in for sure!

Comment

It would be sick if it could be the traditional hardline GAP camo with the darkest color being the carbon fiber peaking through!

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                              It would be sick if it could be the traditional hardline GAP camo with the darkest color being the carbon fiber peaking through!
                              My thoughts exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                                Kinda what I was thinking also.

Comment

Working...
                                X