2018 LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
    I am pretty good about wearing my orange unless I know no one else is around. I work for myself so I get to go a lot during the week. A lot of times I am by myself out there unless someone goes with me.
    Deer do not have red cones in Their eyes anyway. Orange is in the red light spectrum. They see in the green and blue spectrum way better. Early morning and late evening are when the blue light spectrum is the strongest hence they move better then becuz they can see and are crepuscular animals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No doubt; Mon - Fri is a great time to hunt public land.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the confusion on wearing orange arises from the NFGT hunting guide. It does not show an exception for LBJ grasslands during bow season. The actual order, see Froggy's reference above, does have that exception and takes precedence. If you are looking at the NFGT hunting guide, it is incorrect.

We will be out Saturday morning but our move to site B has put us behind the curve. We're going to set up where we have cameras and lots of hog sign then take stock of what else and who else are out there.

Comment

I have hunted the grasslands for a few years now but never opening weekend before but will this year what time do you or see others pull into the parking lots normally I’m guessing earlier these days

Comment

Originally posted by JB3 View Post
          No doubt; Mon - Fri is a great time to hunt public land.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I would alter that and say Tue-Fri as far as more consistent/pattern-able movement. Monday’s are still pretty shot from all the deer being bumped and/or smelling guys all over the woods.

Sometimes, though, weekends can be awesome too. Sitting in a spot where you suspect guys to bump deer out of bedding on their mid morning exit out can work well too.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
            I would alter that and say Tue-Fri as far as more consistent/pattern-able movement. Monday’s are still pretty shot from all the deer being bumped and/or smelling guys all over the woods.

Sometimes, though, weekends can be awesome too. Sitting in a spot where you suspect guys to bump deer out of bedding on their mid morning exit out can work well too.

Great, because I just freed up Tues & Weds of next week by moving some jobs around. I also have Sat afternoon and Sunday open and a new crossbow coming in tomorrow. Something gonna get stuck in the next 6 days.

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
              Great, because I just freed up Tues & Weds of next week by moving some jobs around. I also have Sat afternoon and Sunday open and a new crossbow coming in tomorrow. Something gonna get stuck in the next 6 days.

I have a meeting till 3:20 Tuesday and was gonna head up. If you get in a jam let me know. I’ll be on 41

Comment

Good luck tomorrow boys!

Comment

I have to miss it. Guard drill 3 weekends in a row. Hopefully Sunday, but for sure Tuesday

Comment

Any blood trackers on here ?

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post

I think there is a blood tracking thread on here somewhere. Might get better responses there.

Comment

Froggy I believe has a dog

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post

What did you shoot? Find it?

Comment

Sure hope the evening hunt goes better. About 30mins before light guys were walking all around with bright flashlights looking for a place to set up, then about a hour after first light had the law pull up into the field I was hunting. He wanted to check my license and asked if I knew those guys I seen earlier, they set up about 300 yards from me and were using bait. Guess they took off when they seen the truck coming.

Comment

^^^^ this is why I won’t hunt within a mile of an access location... I haven’t seen another hunter from my setup yet.

Comment

More upset with the law, I know it’s his job but **** opening morning at first light?! I was trying to be smart a chose a very small piece of land fare away from the rest but looks like I wasn’t the only one thinking that.

Comment

Working...
                                X