Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I looked up P.O.S. in the dictionary....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My point in posting that picture was to see what the similarity is to Hog Doggin and dog fights. I've never chased hogs with a dog and seen them heel on command but I have seen pictures of the damage that a Hog can do to a Dog.

I guess I still see the family pet as part of the family and not so much a working part of the family.

Comment

Life is full of choices good & bad. He made a bad choice. Prisons are full of people who have made bad choices. I may be wrong but my call is he will probably get off with a slap on the wrist if he has the cash......

Comment

First of all, these kinds of reports should not come out til AFTER the trial. This guy and every other celebrity who get accused of something get hammered long BEFORE the trial.

With that being said, does it matter what a criminals name is? If every convicted criminal were punished to the full extent of the law, I feel things would be different. The punishments today do not fit the crime.

Comment

Dog fighting sucks !!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they let him have it.

Comment

Last year when Vick was disrupting his team's locker room and being a general AH, I put him in the same class as T.O. My apologies to T.O.

Comment

Hey, I am a PRO Football Quarterback. I can do what I want and never get in trouble.

Comment

AWE!!! MA!!!! GAWD!!!!! Whoever brought Hog Doggin into this thread SHOULD BE BEAT WITH A WET NOODLE!!!

Go to a high level hog doggin bay competition, both of the Grand Sires from my dog are WORLD champs, and if a Bay dog even bites a hog at a competition it will be DQ'ed, every dog I have ever owned was a working dog, if not for cattle , coon doggin, or tracking they have always been working parts of my family...

Hog dogging is NOTHING like fighting dogs and has absolutely no comparisons...

Comment

In my experiance with pit bulls and other wild animals a fight generally ends with the loser running away and the winner letting him live. Hogs run from the dog or turns too fight he has a choice, the dog chooses to chase the hog or not too. In dog fighting there are no choices for the animal to make it is fight or face some jackass with a waterhose and electricity. I for one see no place for pit bulls in socity except for chasing and catching hogs. They are a dangerous animal if not handeled properly but at their worst they should never be treated in the manner this lowlife treated them.

As a hunting dog they are following their instincts as a fighting dog they are just trying not too die. And in most cases I would suspect the owners are a bigger threat to their lives than the opposing dog.

Comment

Yall stay on topic, please!

This thread is about a worthless, glorified pro-football player....who just got his Nike grub line....put on hold!
                    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

See I didn't know about the hanging, drowning and other ways they were killing the dogs. THAT is why I think he should be held accountable.

As for hog dogs / Fighting dogs, there is a BIG differnece. What happen to all the stories about PEOPLE vanishing in the woods back in the day for messing with a man's dog? Hell, I just got done reading "point of impact" and while fiction, I know several Bob Lee Swagger types that would open a can of Whoop *** cause someone kill they're dog.

Hog runners don't beat they're dogs to make them mean like fighters do. They don't do things like Dusty said about the 9 month old pit.

I say give him his day in court and throw the book extra hard at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuzins8 View Post
                        I'm glad you posted that!!! Brings me to a point..I DO NOT agree with dog fighting and dont like Micheal ***** but REALLY What is the difference?Letting your dog attack another dog and letting your dog attack a wild hog ?And please don't tell me that it is different because the dogs like to get on hogs.There is nothing more that a fighting dog likes than to fight.I understand that there are much less injuries in hog doggin that fighting but...........

Now i will sit back and take my beating.

The biggest difference, to me, is that hog dogs aren't intended to fight to the death. Yes, sometimes dogs die fighting hogs, or vice-versa. But the intention is for the dog to hold a hog until the hunter can get there to dispatch or capture it. Dog fights are intended to result in the death of one of the dogs at the jaws of the other. Nature can be cruel, and she doesn't need us to add to the cruelty by causing dogs to fight one another to the death. That's just one aspect of it. I am sure there are many other differences between dog fighting and hog-dogging. This is just my $.02.

Dave

Comment

Sad situation to be honest! The guy has proven to be incapable of handling money, success and the spotlight. I have seen dog fights on a few occassions growin up in Louisiana as I have also seen a cock fight. None of this electricution stuff or beating critters to death ever took place. These idiots were totally outta control and totally against the law for clarification. Louisiana just became the last state to make cock fighting illegal....guess PETA wins again! Yep, we are NEXT folks!!!!

Comment

Dog Fighting in Alabama and Georgia is like Cock Fighting is here in Texas.

Illegal!!! Look... wwe all know that Michael Vick will be slapped on the hand and released to do more illegal things like most Pros get for the things that other normal no pros would put under the jail.....

Hope he gets what he desrves... Here and later!!!

Can't stand people who think theyare above the law!!!

Comment

As has been pointed out, dog fighting is the lesser crime he is accused of and not what this thread is addressing. If you have been following this story, he is accused of atrocious acts (torture, cruel punishment, inhumane deaths, etc.). If he is convicted of the crimes and does not receive proper punishment, justice will not be served. There never will be an injustice like the OJ Simpson debacle....I hope this doesn't come close.

Comment

Considering all that's involved in this indictment, I don't see how he can escape a guilty conviction for something. At the very least, he new this stuff was happening at his home.

Even if by some odd chance he walks away from all of this totally acquitted, society in general will always consider him guilty. The next time he walks the field in a game, I bet he's booed big time.

His image will not go untarnished in some way.

I'm glad I don't have any kids that looked up to him as any sort of roll model.

POS in my opinion is fitting so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X