Jackson Hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jackson Hole

Finally got the wife on board with going to Wyoming for vacation this Summer. I'd love to hear from people that have been there on what to do, where to stay, etc.

Memorial Day Wknd antler auction on the square!!!!

Comment

I’ve never been but have a cousin who raves about the hot springs.

Comment

there a lots of Do and Donts on Youtube that are worth sorting through as they have video of areas to visit etc so you can see if any of what they person says interests (or not) you.

Comment

Activities: Jenny Lake, Inspiration Point (hike), white water raft on the snake river, fly fish the green river, Bridger Gondola

Restaurants:
          Snake River Brewing, Calico, multiple other great spots i cant remember

Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks probably some of the prettiest places in the country as well
          Last edited by tsaw15; 01-14-2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Best skiing in the country, but you’re going in the summer... Sorry no help for summer activities.

Comment

Learn some Chinese before you go.

Comment

We stayed at the 4 seasons in Teton, I would not stay in Jackson myself. From Teton Village, you can go many different places and you are away from the "tourists".

Eat at the Local if you don't do anything else. We did some tours, golf is decent, plenty to do or not do.

Comment

When in summer ? June is still spring for us and could be very snowy yet.
                  You can find lodging from high end to affordable. Staying close to the square is good for walking around town, etc. Farther out is more quite and likely more scenic.
                  Elk weekend in May will be crowded but pretty interesting, antler auction and other things on the square.
                  Fishing could be iffy with very high water too early in summer.
                  Do a float trip.
                  Melvin Brewery in Alpine is good but make sure you're careful about drinking high octane beer at altitude.
                  Visit the distillery and breweries near and in Jackson.

By the way it is just "Jackson", Jackson Hole is the area the town is in.

Comment

We will be there Memorial weekend. We're planning float on Snake, fly fishing (looks like we may need to rethink that one )....and I have no doubt the boys will want to visit the breweries.

I'm a bit bummed about this fishing info....guess that just means we will need to go AGAIN later in the summer!

Comment

There are a ton of things to do in and around the Jackson Hole area. It really depends on what your interests are. You can spend a half a day, maybe more, on the square in town going into all the shops if that what you like, or you can spend all your time out of town exploring the region.

The Rustic Inn - https://rusticinnatjh.com/ is a really nice place to stay, especially if you can get a cabin on the west side of the property along the river.
                      You can go high end on down in terms of places to stay but even the low end places in Jackson during the summer are not going to be cheap.

During the time you are going, everything and everywhere is going to really busy from floating the Snake to going up into the park. You just have to know that going in.

As far as dining, the sky it is the limit around the area depending on the type of food you like. I would recommend going to the Calico Restaurant and Bar on the road going into Teton Village. It is casual and I recommend sitting in the bar and having a Jalapeno Margarita and some good Italian food.
                      Of course, you have to go into the Cowboy Bar for a cold beer saddled up at the bar. The Wort Hotel and Silver Dollar Bar is another place to stop in for a drink and something to eat.

We go several times a year but usually time it when the tourists are not there in droves. Early spring before school is out and then in the fall after school starts again are my favorite times to be up there.

Comment

Take a drive into the Tetons!

Comment

Tagged for future trip

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                            We will be there Memorial weekend. We're planning float on Snake, fly fishing (looks like we may need to rethink that one )....and I have no doubt the boys will want to visit the breweries.

I'm a bit bummed about this fishing info....guess that just means we will need to go AGAIN later in the summer!
                            Fishing on the snake might be tough at the end of May but it should be on good on some other rivers not far away. PM if you need a guide.

Comment

Money shot.... This was July a couple years ago.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X