Ammo gougers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    No fighting, everyone stand in line in a orderly fashion and they walk up to the counter one at a time and buy their ammo and leave. It just takes 2 1/2 hours out of your day.

I supply my boss with ammo, so he's cool with me being out on Monday mornings.
    And I'm retired so I've got nothing else to do from 7:30 to 9 am.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
      Academy had been ok even though there wasn’t much variety. Last week the total shipment was 8 boxes of 5.56. Today it was zero of anything, no ammo whatsoever, nada.

I posted on another site asking if anybody had an idea of the logistics side of it and basically got “people are panic buying or re-selling.” Nobody could answer why it’s not getting on the truck in the first place.
      No truck at mine this morning either. Man said their trucks will come Tuesdays and Thursdays now. I'll find out in the morning.

Comment

look for deals when things are good so you can ride out the bad.

also, if it gets to $10 per round i may start selling. it's just good business.

Comment

Originally posted by papabearclif View Post
          I will never go into Crazy Gun Dealer again. Everything is overpriced.
          This...there about as bad as that cheap dirt place!!

Comment

reading all of this makes me glad i started handloading in 1992.

Comment

I know what would stop that. If people stop buying it for that price. Better yet stop buying it altogether. I have plenty of ammo but it is annoying to not even see any on the shelf at the store. It's stupid is actually what it is.

Because guess what's going to happen if Biden wants your guns bad enough? Someone's gonna kill your *** and take all that ammo and your guns.

Comment

Some this pricing is driven by the manufacturers. I was in a friend's gun shop last week. He told me his cost for a box of 50 9mm FMJ is $22. Think about that: his cost is 50% more than the retail price a year ago.

Comment

Quit buying ammo and sling more arrows

Comment

Originally posted by PeePaw on Fork View Post
                    Quit buying ammo and sling more arrows
                    That didn't work out too well for the Indians, as sad as that is

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      Nobody has ever gouged me out of a penny. I'm the one that wanted what they had and willingly handed over the money. That's on me not them.
                      Thanks for being a voice of reason.

Maybe people should be responsible and stock up on important items like food storage, ammo, water, etc... There's an idea!

Comment

Stack it deep when it’s cheap. I thought people learned that lesson after Sandy Hook.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
                          Some this pricing is driven by the manufacturers. I was in a friend's gun shop last week. He told me his cost for a box of 50 9mm FMJ is $22. Think about that: his cost is 50% more than the retail price a year ago.
                          He might be paying that, but I can assure you it’s not because of the manufacturer. I’m looking at lowest tier dealer cost right now for most types of ammunition out there. $11-14 is the typical dealer cost for a box of 50 FMJ. If he’s paying $22 it’s because he found a source with in stock that is marking it up to $22.

Comment

About 6-8 months ago we had an ammunition discussion, and there were a handful of people in here laughing about those who stacked up on ammunition, and didn’t just keep a couple boxes around the house. I’m guessing they’re not the ones laughing anymore. Meanwhile I’m laughing while I can shoot comfortably at my current rates for a few years, or at lesser rates (like I intend to) for a very long time to come.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                              About 6-8 months ago we had an ammunition discussion, and there were a handful of people in here laughing about those who stacked up on ammunition, and didn’t just keep a couple boxes around the house. I’m guessing they’re not the ones laughing anymore. Meanwhile I’m laughing while I can shoot comfortably at my current rates for a few years, or at lesser rates (like I intend to) for a very long time to come.

Lol yup. I remember that clearly.

Comment

Manufacturers have been upping their prices for retailers for the past year. Winchester has gone up 6 separate times alone. I personally wouldn’t pay for than .30 a round for 9, pre panic pricing was $180 for 1k 9 and $275 for 1k 5.56 so it’s hard for me to pay double that. I think there is a line, where that is is up to your own discretion. $1 a round for 9, 40, 45, 233, is all absurd. There seems to be lots of guys willing to pay those prices though, and I’ve seen tons of stores selling at those prices. I understand they’re paying more but I think they’re also taking advantage of a panic and selling both ammo and guns at massive increases. People who go out to buy purely to resell at these prices are part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X