CZ Arms buys out Colt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATI View Post
    CZ may make good products, but "Colt" is an American Iconic Brand. I hate to see it gone.

Hopefully they can continue to produce and stamp their products with "Colt" under the supervision of CZ...

If this actually ends up happening and they keep the Colt name, I would assume they would continue manufacturing those items here. Dan Wesson is already made in the USA, and CZ seems to be taking steps for further state side manufacturing. I'm wondering if they are trying to get ahead of further import bans.
    Last edited by Clay C; 01-13-2021, 10:28 AM.

Comment

This is a good thing.

Comment

Well, all my Colts just went up in value. I've heard good things about CZ products.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          If this actually ends up happening and they keep the Colt name, I would assume they would continue manufacturing those items here. Dan Wesson is already made in the USA, and CZ seems to be taking steps for further state side manufacturing. I'm wondering if they are trying to get ahead of further import bans.
          New CZ factory in Arkansas being built now

Comment

Not sure how I feel about another American legend going down. That said at least CZ makes solid products. As stated I hope they keep the Colt name....then this will be a good thing.

Comment

The very first firearm that I bought was a Colt Python .357 w/ a 4" barrel in 1980. I still own it & it is in mint condition!

I love the Colt iconic brand.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                CZ may make good products, but "Colt" is an American Iconic Brand. I hate to see it gone.

Hopefully they can continue to produce and stamp their products with "Colt" under the supervision of CZ...

Agreed, even though they have thumbed their nose at the civilian consumer multiple times through the years.

Regardless my Colt ARs and 1911s likely just jumped in value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Idk if it is a good deal or not. I have been waiting to see a dan Wesson dwx for 2 years. If the colts move at the same pace, we may never see them anyway lol

Comment

Winchester has not been an American company for quite some time, but they were making guns in the USA. Now all Portugal, Japan and Turkey.
                    If CZ keeps Colt mfg here in the states, it would be a plus, but to me, it just will not be the same as a Connecticut Colt or Marlin. Look what happened to Remington/Marlin when they moved.
                    CZ also owns Dan Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      Not sure how I feel about another American legend going down. That said at least CZ makes solid products. As stated I hope they keep the Colt name....then this will be a good thing.
                      Couldnt agree more. Interesting to see how this plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                        Idk if it is a good deal or not. I have been waiting to see a dan Wesson dwx for 2 years. If the colts move at the same pace, we may never see them anyway lol

Take your pick.

What began as an innovative idea among the brilliant minds at CZ and Dan Wesson resulted in the jaw-dropping DWX pistol, which is a grand melding between the two pistol families.

Introducing the newest addition to the Dan Wesson pistol lineup – the DWX Compact. This unique firearm combines the quality, performance, and design of both Dan Wesson and CZ. Boasting ergonomic features drawn from the CZ 75 Compact, the DWX Compact is perfect for shooting accurately from any position.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Take your pick.

What began as an innovative idea among the brilliant minds at CZ and Dan Wesson resulted in the jaw-dropping DWX pistol, which is a grand melding between the two pistol families.

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/dwx-compact/
                          Oh, I have seen pictures for 2 years, but no guns. Have you seen any anywhere? Maybe they are out there, but I haven't seen one

Comment

Working...
                          X