Grip Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grip Mod

I messed up and let a young friend use my Black Hunter longbow and he killed a hog with it. Then he didn’t want to give it back!
    So I told him to just replace it. The new bow came in and I had to get the grip to my liking. I sanded the riser and finished it with True Oil. Man it came out way nicer than my old one
    Attached Files

You did a good job on it!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good work Corey!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice modification to the grip. You have skills.

Comment

That is beautimous! And love the finger grooves!

Comment

Looks good gotta love those finger groves

Comment

That is nice looking work. I won't hesitate to take a rasp and sandpaper to one of the less expensive bows. They don't put a lot of effort into the finish at the factory, nor can they make a grip that suit everyone. The problem now is that it is yours for the duration.

Comment

Hey, if you don't mind, could you measure from center of the limb bolt to the center of the pin for me? I'm looking for a cheap riser to use with some of my Schafer limbs. I might be able to make one of those work.

Comment

That really turned out nice for you, good luck with your new bow. Also, good for you to get another young hunter using a longbow.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                    Hey, if you don't mind, could you measure from center of the limb bolt to the center of the pin for me? I'm looking for a cheap riser to use with some of my Schafer limbs. I might be able to make one of those work.
                    Can’t seem to get the pics to attach. Send me your number I’ll text them.
                    Last edited by SwampGhost; 01-14-2021, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Let’s try again
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. They made it too long for me. I think that could pull the pins, plug the holes, and reset them where I want. I'm going to keep an eye out for one to modify.

Comment

Working...
                        X