Chevy 6.6L gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy 6.6L gas

Anybody have one in the new 2500 HD? Was looking at new trucks and saw they have that in them now for the gas option 400 hp and 460ish in TQ

I’ve had a handful of 6.0 2500 Chevys from 2011-2015. My dad bought a new 6.6 2500 gasser a couple weeks ago. Last week I took it for a spin, and I was really impressed. Definitely had a bit more balls that my old 6.0s. I’d drive one if I didn’t need my diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      I’ve had a handful of 6.0 2500 Chevys from 2011-2015. My dad bought a new 6.6 2500 gasser a couple weeks ago. Last week I took it for a spin, and I was really impressed. Definitely had a bit more balls that my old 6.0s. I’d drive one if I didn’t need my diesel.
      Thats what I was thinking i had a 01 6.0 and really don't want the added maintenance and to deal with def. What is your dad getting as far a mpg I know its not gunna be great but hopefully better then the 12ish I was getting with my 6.0

Comment

My dad drives one for work and his previous was a 6.0. He says it has alot more power and go. He also says it gets terrible mileage just like the 6.0. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
          My dad drives one for work and his previous was a 6.0. He says it has alot more power and go. He also says it gets terrible mileage just like the 6.0. LOL
          Lol but you don't buy big gas motors for the mileage

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
            Lol but you don't buy big gas motors for the mileage
            No doubt about that. I bought a 6.0 in 2003 and it has been a fantastic truck that I still drive today!

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
              No doubt about that. I bought a 6.0 in 2003 and it has been a fantastic truck that I still drive today!
              I sold my 01 last year and the guy that bought it works with me dang things don't die.

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
                Thats what I was thinking i had a 01 6.0 and really don't want the added maintenance and to deal with def. What is your dad getting as far a mpg I know its not gunna be great but hopefully better then the 12ish I was getting with my 6.0
                He spends quite a bit of time on the highway, and he’s said 13-13.5 highway. He doesn’t pay much attention to town, and I don’t blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                  He spends quite a bit of time on the highway, and he’s said 13-13.5 highway. He doesn’t pay much attention to town, and I don’t blame him.
                  Thats what most of mine is

Comment

I bought one 2 weeks ago, and was really impressed with the power, and the way it got through the gears. Haven’t driven it since, but I’ll be keeping an eye on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My father in law bought one and he’s getting 10 mpg on the highway and around town it doesn’t matter. I have the new Duramax and I’m getting 19 mpg at 77 mph in a 1 ton.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
                        My father in law bought one and he’s getting 10 mpg on the highway and around town it doesn’t matter. I have the new Duramax and I’m getting 19 mpg at 77 mph in a 1 ton.

Picked mine up today was getting 16.9 doing 65 on I10 witt some stop and go mixed in

Comment

I bought a single wheel one ton this summer and use it to pull a 30’ lowboy equipment trailer with a skid steer and lots of attachments. I don’t necessarily care what the mileage is when I’m pulling but I’ve made numerous trips to midland empty and got 16+ mpg @ 80-82 mpg running I-20. Love it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
                            I bought a single wheel one ton this summer and use it to pull a 30’ lowboy equipment trailer with a skid steer and lots of attachments. I don’t necessarily care what the mileage is when I’m pulling but I’ve made numerous trips to midland empty and got 16+ mpg @ 80-82 mpg running I-20. Love it so far.
                            You get the 6.6 gas or diesel?

Comment

I bought the gas burner.

Comment

Working...
                              X