Rv elastomeric rubber roof coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rv elastomeric rubber roof coating

LoAfter a good scrub w broom and soapy water let roof dry and then 2 solid coats shes like new again.
    Needs to dry a few days in shop bc it is water based. I like to do every couple yrs to seal up pinholes that may develop plus the ac runs cooler w the radiant reflection of the roof

Also a trick I learned when I worked as a painter back in the day save the plastic roller wrap if ur gonna reuse the roller soon so u dont have to rinse between use
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kingranch; 05-22-2019, 06:04 PM.

Interesting! I have fixed a couple leaks in our motorhome after we bought it years ago. Hadn't thought about something like this.

What do you figure is your actual coverage rate? Product says 100 sf per gallon, do you get that much? When you pour it out, how easily does it flow? Too well that you have worry about it running off the sides? No issues with a rubber roof system?

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
      Interesting! I have fixed a couple leaks in our motorhome after we bought it years ago. Hadn't thought about something like this.

What do you figure is your actual coverage rate? Product says 100 sf per gallon, do you get that much? When you pour it out, how easily does it flow? Too well that you have worry about it running off the sides? No issues with a rubber roof system?
      You need to make sure that you do not have a EPDM roof first. If you do you will need to use a different product that is made especially for that. The elasto won’t work for epdm roofs.

Comment

It's a 2002 Class C motorhome. Not sure what I have up there other than I do know it's a rubber sheet of some sort. I'll look into it further. Thanks for the info!

Comment

How do you find out what type of roof you have? I know nothing, just I have an rv and I stay in it...sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
            How do you find out what type of roof you have? I know nothing, just I have an rv and I stay in it...sometimes.
            [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGLSiG88S5c"]Determine whether your RV roof has an EPDM or TPO RV roof - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Huh! Very informative! Thanks!

Comment

Tagged for watching later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tag

Comment

you the real mvp

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
                      you the real mvp
                      Lol, just trying to help a brother out. My 37ft motorhome was epdm so I couldn’t use the cheaper elasto coating. I shopped long and hard and found a place through amazon that sold the Henry’s rubber roof coating for epdm way cheaper than anyone else. Once, you get it cleaned and revolted it looks like new. If yours is in the sun very much you will need to re-coat every two years.

Comment

We have a 33 ft 1978 holiday rambler at the deer lease the roof looks like fiberglass will this product adhere to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i got one coat per gallon, and my trailer is 26ft living space, so I would say it gets more than 100sf per gallon,, more like 200. It goes on easy and is kinda like pudding. Wont really run unless you gob it super thick.

super happy with the results

Comment

Thanks for all the info...starting tomorrow with repairs.

Comment

Working...
                            X