Big mountain lion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
    I don’t care if they are plentiful or not. They don’t really serve a purpose in Texas anymore. Hunters take care of the deer population, we don’t need an apex predator to do it for us. Cattle, sheep, goats, and horses are never going to overpopulate and there is a significant dollar loss if a big cat kills one. I don’t want them killing my dog either.

If they go extinct so be it. I don’t want any tigers or wolves running around in Texas either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hunters are also conservationists. Well, at least most of us.

Comment

I don’t care if they are plentiful or not. They don’t really serve a purpose in Texas anymore. Hunters take care of the deer population, we don’t need an apex predator to do it for us. Cattle, sheep, goats, and horses are never going to overpopulate and there is a significant dollar loss if a big cat kills one. I don’t want them killing my dog either.

If they go extinct so be it. I don’t want any tigers or wolves running around in Texas either.

Yeah.........we will agree to completely disagree. But I’ll make a note that I actually saw someone post “if they go extinct then so be it”

I think the only thing I’d say that about would be mosquitoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I sure hope you are trying to be funny. If not you may need to be neutered.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
          I sure hope you are trying to be funny. If not you may need to be neutered.

Get out your knife and pack a lunch then cause I’m not trying to be funny.

Do I want them to go extinct? No. Does it influence my life one way or the other if they do? No

I think the population is low enough and the deer are plentiful enough that they don’t even make a blip on the radar. If I see one that I can get a shot at I’m going to shoot it.

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
            Yeah.........we will agree to completely disagree. But I’ll make a note that I actually saw someone post “if they go extinct then so be it”

I think the only thing I’d say that about would be mosquitoes.

Don't forget about chiggers

Comment

We had a state biologist speak at Rotary one yr. He stated that if people knew just how many mountain lions we had in our area (Burnet, Llano County’s ) we wouldn’t walk our dogs. Just because you don’t see them doesn’t mean they are rare. Just live sightings are Rare

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                Hunters are also conservationists. Well, at least most of us.
                This ^^^

Conservation isn't defined as "optimizing condition for ungulates at the expense of everything else"

Comment

Man this place is eerily like the posts on facebook. It's a predator. Lions and yotes get shot in Texas. Big deal. Get over it. Did y'all vote for Beto?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                    Thanks TxAg I’ll read it. I’m totally game if there’s a healthy population and I’d hunt a mature one if that was the case. I just can’t stomach the thought of killing any animal that’s rare so I’m looking to feel better about celebrating someone that’s killed a ML. Just the only literature I’ve read doesn’t exactly say they’re plentiful.

I'll give you another reason to hunt them. Mountain lions are delicious, no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                      This ^^^

Conservation isn't defined as "optimizing condition for ungulates at the expense of everything else"
                      I agree 100%. I do think the populations of predators in Texas are currently well managed by the state regulations though. None are at risk of becoming a threatened species, and predation on livestock is fairly minimal. It's a difficult balance to find.

Comment

Originally posted by burntorange bowhunter View Post
                        man this place is eerily like the posts on facebook. It's a predator. Lions and yotes get shot in texas. Big deal. Get over it. Did y'all vote for beto?

Sent from my sm-g950u using tapatalk
                        hahahahaha

Comment

Big mountain lion

Fake news supposedly. It was killed 2 years ago and it was not near Garvin Store.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Man this place is eerily like the posts on facebook. It's a predator. Lions and yotes get shot in Texas. Big deal. Get over it. Did y'all vote for Beto?

Which post are you referring to exactly?

Comment

Several.

Comment

funny to see the guy in the pic get "bro'd" for where he is standing, he could have just been standing there picking his nose and someone yelled smile, so he did.

ego's...smh

Comment

Working...
                                X