No announcement yet.

Office Etiquette?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season ain’t been over for a week yet and some of you fellas are already in an argumentative mood

Comment

For the simple reason that you felt the need to bring it to the GS for help says it is obviously an issue that needs to be addressed..

Comment

Place your phone in DO NOT DISTURB mode

Comment

Work phone getting answered by employees doesn't seem like a problem to me.

Sounds like you have an issue with personal calls. That's not work's problem. That's a you problem.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
            I don't even want to answer my phone when it rings. Why on earth would someone want to answer someone else's
            Lol, ain't that the truth

Comment

she needs a good smackin' !!

Comment

Her being another supervisor does complicate the issue.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  Since nobody has asked I guess it’s up to me.

Is she hot.
                  Still looking for the answer.

Comment

If you weren't in HR, I would suggest the old shoe polish on the handset trick.
                    But that might not look good for an HR manager to be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                      I forgot to mention, full disclosure, I did answer her phone once, after she had answered mine multiple times, but the scenario was she was on vacation for a week and the same person had called 8 times within an hour. That to me might warrant it... But seeing the caller ID is my wife and she picks up my phone when I am in the vacinity ain't right.

I have addressed it with her personally... Rest of the group I think should address it. Possibly manager.
                      I would have just turned down her ringer or unplugged her phone (which would send calls directly to her voicemail as the phone is not registered).

Comment

Heck no, not ok.

Comment

I would love to have that problem.

Comment

Does she take good notes if she has to take a message? I really don't she the issue. If problem calls are forwarded to a manager, you are not there, she wants to help a customer, and takes the call seems like a good thing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayspr View Post
                              She’s out of line and someone needs to address it.
                              ^^^This right here. If I'm ducking your call, I don't want someone to answer my phone and say, "He's right here".

Comment

If my testicles were caught in a bear trap and the only way I could get them out was to start a post on TBH for help...I'd just learn to live with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X