No announcement yet.

Longmire, The Ranch...what next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another peaky blinders vote here. Along with the others mentioned lol. I enjoyed the El Chapo documentary also

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      You. The first season was twisted but the second season was REALLY twisted. Very good show though.

Tried to get into this one but couldn’t. I still sit through them as wife is in beginning of season two....

Comment

Tagged!

Comment

Am I the only one that has seen Banshee....

I was pleasantly surprised by this show....Carrie was sexy !!!

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
            Jim will always be Jim for me. I can’t get past it unfortunately. He’ll always be a salesmen at Dunder Mifflin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Loved The Office.

The Jack Ryan episodes are the usual 50-60 minutes, but are so good it seems like maybe 15 minutes.

And I forgot all about Jim at Dunder Mifflin about 5 minutes into Jack Ryan.

John Krasinski plays Jack Ryan very well.

Comment

Outlander was good.

Comment

I forgot all about Jack Ryan. I remember seeing trailers for it and thinking THAT will be my next show. Sounds like Hell on Wheels needs to make it into the mix as well. And apparently quite a few others. Thanks fellers!

Comment

I've been trying to get through Justified forever. Binge watching it seems like nothing ever happens, or maybe the same thing happens over and over.

Jack Ryan is great even though my favorite character didn't make it through season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                    Letterkenny. It's on Hulu and it's great if you wanna shut your brain off and just laugh.
                    This show is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                      So my boy and I watched all episodes of Longmire. I’m just about done with The Ranch. Still waiting on the 3rd season of Yellowstone. What’s another good series?
                      You never did say how old your son is and what would be appropriate for him. One really long series my wife absolutely loves that is western themed is Heartland. I have watched several episodes over a few seasons with her and it definitely is a more positive/upbeat show that some of them.

Having said that, I like more of a Hell on Wheels, Godless, Sons of Anarchy type series.

One that we have watched and really enjoyed is Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton. I believe it is on Prime and not Netflix if I remember right.

Comment

Frontier, The Witcher, GOT, Breaking Bad, Ozark, Hell on Wheels, Godless, Deadwood, The Last Kingdom, Vikings
                        Last edited by tbgascorer; 01-22-2020, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                          Loved The Office.

The Jack Ryan episodes are the usual 50-60 minutes, but are so good it seems like maybe 15 minutes.

And I forgot all about Jim at Dunder Mifflin about 5 minutes into Jack Ryan.

John Krasinski plays Jack Ryan very well.
                          Yep. That’s the beauty of Jack Ryan, you don’t have to mentally prepare yourself for Jim Halpert in the role, because it’s not some far fetched action sequence. Without giving too much away, he is a CIA brains guy, analyst type, desk jockey if you will. Anytime he finds himself in field operations, it’s more duck out of water than hardcore ******. Especially in the first season.

It’s definitely not trying to be some special forces/CIA super stud deal like Arnold in Commando carrying an entire tree on his shoulder.

Comment

I also forgot, the early Texas settler show with Pierce Brosnan, I believe it’s called The Son, is pretty dang good.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                              You never did say how old your son is and what would be appropriate for him. One really long series my wife absolutely loves that is western themed is Heartland. I have watched several episodes over a few seasons with her and it definitely is a more positive/upbeat show that some of them.

Having said that, I like more of a Hell on Wheels, Godless, Sons of Anarchy type series.

One that we have watched and really enjoyed is Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton. I believe it is on Prime and not Netflix if I remember right.
                              He’s 12. Longmire was borderline for him (and some scenes I made him turn away), but The Ranch was not allowed.

I appreciate all the suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                                I believe so but it just hasn’t been the same since rooster was booted off
                                Agreed

Comment

Working...
                                X