Feeder light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeder light?

Im currently using a WGI solar powered light, it actually works ok, just dont like that it goes off aft 20sec and game has to be almost directly under the sensor. I've got a couple of buddies that recommend the moultrie, but say it eats C batts like candy. The solar charger for it cost as much or than the light. I want something reliable, maintenance free, w long batt life. I like Elusive Wildlife stuff, they have one called the Sportsmans series, its flat, built in batt and solar charger. It doesn't say how big the illumination area is. Curious if anyone uses this light? Pros, cons. Or any recommendations on a different light? Thanks.

Have one. Has a 30ft radius. Works great. Get the green.

Comment

Thanks Louis. You have elusive wildlife sportsman?
      You mount to side of feeder like you would a solar charger?
      I was going to go with the green, thanks for the help.

Comment

I have the green one and while it works fine the green one distorts color perception.
        I really like the range of the motion sensor on them and plan on getting a red one soon.

Comment

If you want a light that was actually designed to be a feeder light and will run all night every night even if you have a solid week of cloudy weather, Will light up your every piece of corn your feeder throughs, then check out our Exterminator II feeder light.

The Exterminator II feeder light now comes with a 12V 15AH LifePo4 battery that should last at least 6 years. A 20 watt solar panel that in just 3 hours of direct sunlight will replace the energy used from a entire night of the light running. The battery is big enough it can run the light for about 80 straight hours without the solar panel. This is why the light will run all night even after a solid week of cloudy weather. Heck if you were to buy just the battery and solar panel it would cost you well over $200.00.

Some of the most common problems with most so called feeder lights is that they only use a big enough battery to run the light one night and only use a solar panel big enough to charge that battery if it gets full sun all day. That doesn't do you much good during cloudy weather. The other issue is most feeder lights on the market have to be mounted right on your feeder or close to it in order to light up your feeder, this is bad because quite a few hogs will not go right under or right next to the light. Our Exterminator II feeder light can mounted up to 200 yards away from your feeder and still light it up plenty good enough to make the shot.

Yes our feeder light is expensive at $409.99 but it's worth it to have a light that can do this. As always, we give a 10$ discount to TBH members, just send me a PM for the coupon code.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X