No announcement yet.

KANSAS 2018 Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody flipped a light switch last night. Had five different bucks, 1 shooter, on my cell camera this morning at a spot where we have had only Does for the past month. Next week should be awesome according to weather. Unit 11

Comment

Hope I am not too late.. Funny how it TURNS ON just like a switch. Seen it too many times where one day is slow and the next is completely CRAZY with all the chasing... Come on Nov 10.. So ready to be there

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
        Headed up on Wednesday. Next four days will be the slowest of the year for me
        Same for us, leaving wednesday

Comment

So today I saw a lot but to far away, set up on the property line and the farm next door was loaded, cut corn field, 3 bucks together 1 shooter the outer two pretty good (need another year) so the shooter was checking out a doe for some time but then turned the other way and went in to the woods. Field held 3 bucks and 4 does and 2 fawns. the other two bucks went the other way. So I think at least in my area it's still a week or two out. Evening hunt I went to public and found a huge scrap line, wanted to hunt it but the wind was wrong, so I went to my back up spot and only saw a spike.
          Last edited by Bassdeer; 11-03-2018, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I was in unit 9 all last week. It was dead. Seen 1 shooter my second hunt and a few does and little buck other hunts. They were all moving at night but no rut activity during the day. I came back Thursday and my buddy up there said it’s starting to pick up. Another buddy mine killed a big 9 last night. This coming week should be good.

Comment

Good luck, fellas. Midwest is a special place when the leaves are changing.

Comment

Well I was able to hunt that scrape line this morning and evening, saw nothing, can't believe it spot looks so good. Hunting in the morning and then heading home, back up in a week or two.

Comment

Man Oh Man... Need an update.... Only 4.5 more work days......

Comment

My buddies just got back, no luck

Comment

Big front coming this week. Thursday is our first day of hunting and weather app is calling for highs in mid thirties and a chance of snow. Our cell cams are starting to show a little increased activity. Seems like end of this week could be really good

Comment

That sounds PERFECT.. I should be in a stand on Sunday afternoon.. Man it cannot get here fast enough...

Comment

sweet

I plan on being in a stand Friday afternoon north of Leavenworth.
                          STOKED!!

Comment

In stand now and was in stand yesterday as well in unit 9. Yesterday was in walk in land had a small 8 pt in my path to the stand then later that morning had a 4 pt chasing a doe. Went to private ground and bumped two deer while hanging a new set up[emoji1744]*[emoji3603]. Didn’t hunt this morning due to the rains but back in the stand on private land unit 9 Shawnee county and sun is shining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heading up that way next week for some pheasant hunting!!

Comment

Been overcast most of the day, can’t killem at home

Comment

Working...
                                X