House Security Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House Security Cameras

Who has them and what do you have? There seems to be a endless amount of options.

Wanting to do a 2-4 camera system with video to keep a eye on the place that also communicates with my phone.

Thanks for the suggestions.

We went with 2 Ring flood light cameras. Pain to tweak but once set they are nice.........

Lot of cheaper options..............

Comment

I’ve got a 7 camera system. Cams are LTS brand. Don’t know what to compare them to, but seem fine.

Comment

We have the arlo system; works ok but does not catch everything

Definitely requires a strong wifi network; but easy to install and totally wireless

Battery life is 2-3 months

Comment

ring flood light camera and ring door bell. have had them for a couple weeks now. its a love hate relationship. the flood lights pick up a ton of movement in the driveway, every cat, squirrel, car passing by ect. It has picked up a couple people walking in the alley at 3-4 in the morning. they never came into the drive way to check out the truck or anything... but i imagine thats just a matter of time. you can adjust the sensitivity to the movement it picks up. still playing with that. The ring door bell is nice, the front of the house doesn't have near the activity so thats nice.

Comment

Arlo Pro 2 wireless, but I am not liking the battery life on them. I'm only getting little over a month before recharging.

Comment

Meant to say my cams are all hardwired, no battery issues.

Comment

How about the Nest products?

Comment

We have Vivint and really like it.

Comment

i have a 4 camera swain system plus ring for my doorbell. i wish i bought the 8 camera system. it's ridiculous the amount of thieves in my area. it's a brand new housing development in w. fort worth.

Comment

I have a 6 cam system. Can see from smart phones and androids home TV ect. Great vid quality. Hardwired system,1 terrabyte hard drive with 16 channels. Easy to install.
                      This is the system I have.

I just wish it would send me text alerts to log on when movement is detected. My friend has that on his ADT system. A desirable feature.

Comment

We went with the FLIR 4 camera hard wired system with digital DVR.

Comment

Where are you moving to need cameras??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have the Arlo Pro system with 3 cameras. I like it because they are wireless, so you can literally put them anywhere. Yes, you have to charge them once a month or so, but it's not that big a deal.

You can shorten the duration of the recordings to extend battery life if needed.

Comment

I bought an Amcrest system online. It was easy to setup.

Comment

Working...
                              X