New boat fever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rvd View Post
    Have you looked at the new Simrad/Lowrance?

I already have a new garmin that I took off my old boat so I’m going to stick with that system. Plus livescope is frickin awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
      I already have a new garmin that I took off my old boat so I’m going to stick with that system. Plus livescope is frickin awesome

Gotcha, I'm in the Garmin club on my big boat but am thinking to give the simrad a try when I buy my next skiff.

Comment

I do have the itch for a Sabine Skiff, trying real hard to ignore but I know I'm not real strong...
        I talked to the owner at the boat show a couple years ago. Super nice guy and builds a hellaskiff!!

But $$$ for a tin boat

OP....

Headquartered in Amory, Mississippi, Avid Boats are the world’s finest aluminum fishing boats. Built by fishermen, for fishermen, our boats are crafted with your fishing experience in mind.

They will cost more but IMO are 10x the boats of an xpress. And I owned xpress and alumacraft

Comment

What colors did you go with Glenn?
          Grey and ice blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
            Grey and ice blue.
            Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I talked to the owner at the boat show a couple years ago. Super nice guy and builds a hellaskiff!!

But $$$ for a tin boat
              Brian is a great guy and his boats are pretty cool. I fished with him in one of his fiberglass skiffs years ago and it did good.

Comment

[QUOTE=Quackerbox;15488808]I talked to the owner at the boat show a couple years ago. Super nice guy and builds a hellaskiff!!

But $$$ for a tin boat

He is a really nice guy and dialed in on skiff building. They are not inexpensive but the cost of skiffs is pretty insane in general.

Comment

They are not inexpensive but the cost of skiffs is pretty insane in general.
                  true.

My son was looking online at them while in florida a few weeks ago. I thought the used boat market was nuts here

Comment

been shopping for a few months for a used boat. One thing I do not get... on craigslist there are tons of what appear to be scams. Boats worth $50k posted for $10k-$20k. Description on the ad appears someone that doesn't speak English come up with or copy and paste from manufacturers website with no real details, no registration numbers on boat, same boat pic in different locations, etc... But what I cannot figure out, what is the scam? Are people sending money or deposits for boats to these scammers without actually going and looking at them? Or are the sellers sending more info and pics that maybe contain a virus? I do not get it.

Comment

I'll be 4 months waiting for mine on the 1st... come on with it already it's almost fishing time

Comment

I've got new boat fever....

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                          been shopping for a few months for a used boat. One thing I do not get... on craigslist there are tons of what appear to be scams. Boats worth $50k posted for $10k-$20k. Description on the ad appears someone that doesn't speak English come up with or copy and paste from manufacturers website with no real details, no registration numbers on boat, same boat pic in different locations, etc... But what I cannot figure out, what is the scam? Are people sending money or deposits for boats to these scammers without actually going and looking at them? Or are the sellers sending more info and pics that maybe contain a virus? I do not get it.

What are you looking for?

Comment

You'll love the Xpress. Make sure you get the I-pilot trolling motor. It's like hiring a little man to drive the boat while you fish. Greatest thing invented for fishing since the hook.

Comment

I have one for a new air boat

Comment

No new boat fever for me. I'll just be replacing engines every 10 years or so for the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X