Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaving irritation

All right men, Help Me out!!

I’ve tried safety razors, single blades up to a 6 blade. Cheap, super expensive and everything in between. Tried several different shaving creams. Same results.

I’ve taken to shaving only twice a week because no matter what, the picture below is the result!

What am I doing wrong??

I like to be clean cut and am in sales so I feel it’s important, but man it sucks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever tried shaving in the shower? Take a hot shower in the mornings, shave in the shower, don't mash too hard. Other than that maybe an electric?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dont shave against the grain. If i shave upward on my neck, it looks like yours. Otherwise, electric razor.

Comment

You remind me of me.
        Every hair I have grows a different way.
        When I was in the oilfield it was horrible!
        My throat looked like a dog been chewing on me.
        One of the guys turned me on to C.O. Bigelow shaving cream, and that stuff works miracles.
        It's the absolute slimiest, slipperiest crap you've ever lathered up with, but that blade won't be able to grab your skin the way it normally does.

Comment

Originally posted by BC288 View Post
          Ever tried shaving in the shower? Take a hot shower in the mornings, shave in the shower, don't mash too hard. Other than that maybe an electric?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          This^^^^. I haven’t bought shaving cream in 25yrs. Are you cleaning the razor out every few strokes?

Comment

Shave in hot shower... last thing I do before I get out. Soft whiskers, no rash.

Comment

Comment

Agreed
                I shave in the shower every night. It’s always worked for me.
                A bar of Irish spring and a blue bic razor lol

Comment

Shower shave and you have to do it every day and you will be fine

Comment

Don’t use shaving cream

Comment

Ive tried the Bigelow, but just once. Will try it again!

Will also try shaving in the shower right at the end.. I’ve been fighting it for years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get you a good high dollar electric razor. Mine did the same at the neck. Didn’t matter if I shaved with grain, against grain, in shower, hot water, cheap razor, expensive razor, lots of blades, less blades or every cream imagined. Always the same. Super sensitive at the neck. Now I use my electric razor with zero issues. No more blood and it’s silky smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Headhunter View Post
                          Get you a good high dollar electric razor. Mine did the same at the neck. Didn’t matter if I shaved with grain, against grain, in shower, hot water, cheap razor, expensive razor, lots of blades, less blades or every cream imagined. Always the same. Super sensitive at the neck. Now I use my electric razor with zero issues. No more blood and it’s silky smooth.
                          Those don't work for me.
                          I've spent thousands of dollars on em and never found 1 worth a flip.
                          I have extremely course thick hair.
                          My girlfriend says I have fat hair .
                          It's chews those little toys up and spits em out.

Comment

Same here. Never could shave with a real razor without rash or bleeding. I have to use electric & no issues. Worse comes to worse get a good electric & then take a good portable with you so if you had to clean up a bit more during the day
                            Good luck

Comment

You may have foliculitus. It's what I've got. I've been fighting it for almost 20 years.
                              Your hairs grow curly and become ingrown due to the way they're shaped. I haven't had much of a remedy, though I've tried everything mentioned here.
                              What I've found works best is not shaving, but using a beard trimmer or a hair trimmer like they use to trim your neck after a hair cut. Get's it close enough for Government work.
                              If I MUST shave, I wash my face and neck thoroughly with a scrubbing pad and I user At Ease Shave Gel and put it on immediately after getting out of the shower, liberally, and let it sit for about a minute before starting to shave with a Gillette skin guard razor, then use the jack black ingrown hair solution.

If you find something that works for you, please share. I'd love to be clean shaven from time to time but dadgummit it hurts.
                              Keep us posted on what you find that works.

The dream team for shower routines There's nothing quite like a good scrub to get your morning started and this ultimate scrubber set takes exfoliation and hygiene to the next level. The 100% silicone scrubbers helps remove impurities to keep your skin invigorated and clean, while their partners keep your scrubbers cle

AT Ease Hair and Skin Care Smooth Glide Shave Gel is formulated with essential oils and nourishing fatty acids that softens hair for a smooth pain-free shave. The super light formula won’t clog your blade, rinses easily, and allows you to navigate around the beard, legs, head, mustache, and sideburns. Enjoy a smooth shave with effortless glide using this soothing hydrating shave gel.   Dispense a small amount of AT Ease Smooth Glide Shave Gel onto the dampen area desired to be shaved. Glide razor over skin. Rinse with cold water for a close, smooth shave with calming hydration that soothes the skin and fight off irritation.

Read reviews and buy Gillette SkinGuard Men's Razor + 2 Razor Blade Refills at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

Comment

Working...
                              X