Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the one “prepper” item you will go buy soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a good thing to have is backup carb and few hoses for all the generators as that’s always what’s bad when you seem to get them out of storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      I’ve never considered myself a prepper, but there isn’t one thing that I’ve needed or would need that I don’t have somewhere.

I have a 15kw gen if power is ever lost.
      I keep 20 gallons of gas at the house and 100 at the farm. 20,000 gal of diesel at shop.
      I have about 2 cords of firewood cut.
      40,000 gal of water in my pool.
      Four freezers full of meat and vegetables.
      250gal propane stays topped off.
      I have an outdoor kitchen that runs on propane.
      Have a Percolator.

I don’t even consider myself “prepared”, I just have so much **** that eventually every possibility is covered.[emoji4]

You’re right, you don’t sound like a “prepper.” I think they call that “hoarding.”

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
        You’re right, you don’t sound like a “prepper.” I think they call that “hoarding.”

[emoji23]you can’t imagine how much crap I throw away![emoji2369]

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          [emoji23]you can’t imagine how much crap I throw away![emoji2369]

I get it. I really do!

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
            We need a meme of the TP hoarder lighting TP on fire to stay warm.

Now that would be funny right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
              More firewood.
              Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                Don’t forget your cord for your transfer switch. I bought a 50 ft 50 amp cord 125/250 volt, 6 gage four wire. It’s made by Generac. I believe it cost me around $360.00 bucks. Got it long enough to keep my generator out of the elements. Power went on and off so used the generator and ran the fireplace on low at night so neighbors wouldn’t have to listen to generator all night as well as us. Then we busted a water line. I found the leak, cut the pvc and valved it off. Have water back now.
                As I’ve stated before, we had an estimate on a whole house Generac 22k for 11,000.00. We’re going to revisit that and maybe install a smaller one.
                22k is a hoss. Are u trying to run every single circuit? Square footage? I left the garage, pool bath, mud room and one bathroom off the 20kw I have and it has never missed a beat.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would also like to add an extra liver to my prep.

To help ensure others had drinking water I unselfishly drank beer all week

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                    I would also like to add an extra liver to my prep.

To help ensure others had drinking water I unselfishly drank beer all week
                    LOL! Man, I hardly ever beer drink during the week...but the last week and half..whew.

We never lost power but the scares did make me realize I only had one good flashlight at my house!? I have a couple good ones at deer camp but that’s 25 miles away. They’re too cheap these days not to have several good ones on hand.

A few weeks ago the only gas station within 25 miles of my place burned down , so I’m considering getting a small diesel tank to keep at the house.

I’ve got a great well that I can draw from without elec. & good access to food with garden stuff, ponds, creek, cattle, yard birds & wild game. Infinite supply of firewood & wood stove with blower set up.

I have a decent generator but to me the generator game isn’t a long term solution so I don’t mind the dinky one I have now.

Comment

Arrowsmith, you are correct on if I get below the frost line I should be safe. This freeze was definitely out of the norm. I like your setup...

tending the fire,
                      Bob G.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                        22k is a hoss. Are u trying to run every single circuit? Square footage? I left the garage, pool bath, mud room and one bathroom off the 20kw I have and it has never missed a beat.

Yessir that was for the whole house. We’re changing out a few of the electric products that were here when we bought it and going to n g instead. That can allow us to look at installing a much smaller unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob G View Post
                          I'm pulling all my buried water lines up, they are 1" pvc. Then I'm going to lay 2 3/8 tubing from pump house to living quarters inlet and insert my pex inside. Then I'll install a gas water heater in pump house that will be able to feed the tubing. If there is ever a inline freeze I'll run hot water through 2 3/8 tubing to get pex unfrozen, thus never having to repair another water line. Project starts tomorrow...

tending the fire,
                          Bob G.

Keep us updated on how this goes....

Could one run schedule 40 4” and then have heat on one end and run a small fan like a computer fan to draw enough warm air through the 4” to keep temps above freezing? Just a thought. Might be ridiculous, but was in my head.

Comment

Generator

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                              Yessir that was for the whole house. We’re changing out a few of the electric products that were here when we bought it and going to n g instead. That can allow us to look at installing a much smaller unit.
                              Gotcha...[emoji106]...I did not realize you were looking at propane or diesel. I am on natural gas.

Comment

Propane conversion kits for my small Honda generators and my Miller welder. Propane can be stored in bulk a lot longer than gas and has multi functions.

Comment

Working...
                                X