Lawn pre emergent time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
    Y'all facebook guys check out the Southern Lawn Syndicate facebook page. Formerly known as the Texas Lawn Nuts facebook page.
    I wish you had not posted this. Been following for a week or so and now have a lawn inferiority complex. Looking at reel mowers and actually contemplating scalping my bermuda in this heat. The process....

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      I’m still fighting crab grass. Will laying down preemergant in a month and again in early spring knock it out?
      Same here, not sure if its crabgrass or dallasgrass but going on a 3 year battle. I started hitting it with Roundup in the center, but its hit or miss on whether or not the full plant dies or not. I bought a gimicky grass puller gizmo and was not strong enough to pull the whole center core out like it claims.

Comment

too early still IMO...

Comment

Originally posted by jbhlsu View Post
          Starting to see a couple brown patch spots popping up? Do guys have any secrets for that? I have put down granule fungicide twice already this year. Brown patch kicked my yards tail last year....

Thanks Joe
          Are you sure it's brown patch and not grubs? I thought brown patch didn't show up until a little cooler temps hit.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
            too early still IMO...
            You are correct. Just a reminder that it is right around the corner. I put mine out on September 8th last year and will probably do the same this year. Could even wait a little longer but you wait to long and you can miss the window.

Comment

Amazon truck just showed up. I got the bug for this stuff now. Waiting til Labor Day for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                I wish you had not posted this. Been following for a week or so and now have a lawn inferiority complex. Looking at reel mowers and actually contemplating scalping my bermuda in this heat. The process....
                [emoji1787][emoji1787] it has cost me some money for **** sure. I wouldn't scalp this late. I scalped my back yard a month ago just to see how it would do... it was awesome. Going to level my yard in the spring. Just sprayed T Nex and chelated iron yesterday, curious to see how that works. Hopefully rain didn't wash it away.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I out first round of pre-emergent last week and will do it once more I’m about a month or so. Also hit it with a round on fertilizer over the weekend, hopefully rain soaked it in good last night/ this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                    [emoji1787][emoji1787] it has cost me some money for **** sure. I wouldn't scalp this late. I scalped my back yard a month ago just to see how it would do... it was awesome. Going to level my yard in the spring. Just sprayed T Nex and chelated iron yesterday, curious to see how that works. Hopefully rain didn't wash it away.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                    Nah, I was kidding about the scalp but it looks like that's the "in thing" on SLS. I'm very happy with most of my yard right now except for a portion in the back that I'll probably scrape and re-sod next spring. Got nice 419 for about 1/3rd of the back and regular bermuda in the rest of the back struggles. Funny thing is the same grass front and side (large corner lot) is some of the best on my block.

Comment

Anyone use The Andersons Crabgrass Preventer with 2.5% Balan. Just picked up a bag at my local feed store and it shows to treat poa annua.

Last winter Poa Annua took over my yard and I battled it all spring. Based on my research Po Annua starts to germinate when soil temps drop below 70 degrees. I plan to monitor soil temps and apply just before it hits 70.

Comment

I lay pre-emerge down every six weeks
                        Attached Files

Comment

We just discovered dove weed in our back yard. Looks like some fun stuff. NOT!

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                            I lay pre-emerge down every six weeks
                            Is that zoysia?

Comment

Neil Sperry just said you have 7 days from today to put it out.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                                Neil Sperry just said you have 7 days from today to put it out.
                                Based on what part of the state?

Comment

Working...
                                X