Lawn pre emergent time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    I’m still fighting crab grass. Will laying down preemergant in a month and again in early spring knock it out?

I’m fighting it and can’t seem to even make it sick much less kill it

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      I’m fighting it and can’t seem to even make it sick much less kill it
      I smashed it with round up haha. The middle died. The outside grows LOL!

Comment

Use Target 6 for crabgrass. Wipes out sandburs and Dallas grass too. Will also kill San Augustine too, but works really well with Bermudagrass
        MSMA Target 6 Plus Herbicide is for post-emergent control of crabgrass, dallisgrass, johnsongrass, nutsedge, pigweed, and chickweed. MSMA is one of the best selective post emergent herbicides but is also dangerous if improperly used. Please read all label

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          I have had good luck with Martin's Topshot! It takes a few weeks to notice, but it works! I don't know of a pre-emergent to kill it...maybe there is one, but I don't know of it that is safe for my Centipede.
          Thanks for the info.

So do you just spray it after it’s mowed?

Comment

I’m still fighting crab grass. Will laying down preemergant in a month and again in early spring knock it out?
            Best bet with crabgrass is spend a little time each evening when things cool off and pull it out by hand before it starts heading out. I got rid of all crabgrass in my previous yard by doing that. You’d be surprised how much you can pull up in 15-20 minutes. It’s a pain, but it’s a sure way to get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
              Best bet with crabgrass is spend a little time each evening when things cool off and pull it out by hand before it starts heading out. I got rid of all crabgrass in my previous yard by doing that. You’d be surprised how much you can pull up in 15-20 minutes. It’s a pain, but it’s a sure way to get rid of it.
              I’ve been trying to avoid that but you’re right lol.

Comment

I’ve been trying to avoid that but you’re right lol.
                Grab a beer and try not to think about it 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                  Grab a beer and try not to think about it 😂
                  That’s what I do. I grab a beer and drink it instead of pulling crab grass. Then another.

Comment

For all the timing of pre emergent questions.

If your near Houston I would look at Randy Lemmons schedule.

If your near Dallas I would look at Neil Sperrys.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                      Use Target 6 for crabgrass. Wipes out sandburs and Dallas grass too. Will also kill San Augustine too, but works really well with Bermudagrass
                      https://www.solutionsstores.com/msma...plus-herbicide

I may be mistaken but I believe that MSMA is not labeled for residential turf. That’s a shame because it’s a great herbicide.

Target[emoji2400] 6 Plus is a postemergence herbicide for use in cotton, golf courses, sod farms and highway rights of way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                        The stuff I use for sandburs (surflan)can affect germination for a year. I figure if you can get the burs under control the grass I have might takeoff.

I did Surflan early spring while the bermuda was still dormant and it worked like a champ! My only sand burs this year have been right on the edge of my property where they are growing unchecked in a common area. I think I'll spray that too next year.

Comment

st agustine

Starting to see a couple brown patch spots popping up? Do guys have any secrets for that? I have put down granule fungicide twice already this year. Brown patch kicked my yards tail last year....

Thanks Joe

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Y'all facebook guys check out the Southern Lawn Syndicate facebook page. Formerly known as the Texas Lawn Nuts facebook page.

Comment

I saw this on another site. You might save a little money using it.

Do My Own has a coupon code FALL10. 10% off Prodiamine right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X