Lawn pre emergent time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawn pre emergent time

It is time to start thinking about a Fall pre emergent for your lawn. I put mine down on 8-8-19 last year and followed up with a spring and early summer application. I can tell a big difference in the amount of weeds from the previous year. I used Barricade(Prodiamine) and was very happy with the results. I ordered from www.solutionstores again this year and had it delivered to the front door. The link below is from a while back and covers this topic. Get it early and don`t be late putting it down.

If I put down pre emergent, I may not have a nothing but dirt next year ��

Comment

When can I plant Bermudagrass seed if I use it? Is it effective on winter weeds and sandburs?

Comment

I thought it was end of August? I’m up north.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
          If I put down pre emergent, I may not have a nothing but dirt next year ��
          This is what I’m thinking. I just went HAM on the burs this morning and burned and giant pile of them. At this point I feel it’s the only way.

Comment

I have an emerge less lawn... I have no grass and the weeds are brown. I use all the water on my trees.

Comment

Tag

Comment

Too early

Comment

Correction...... I put mine down on 9-8-19 last year ..... not 8-8-19. My mistake. You still have 5-6 weeks before you need to put it down.

Comment

Labor Day is my go to window

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. I told myself I was going to follow Randy Lemmons schedule for a year or two to see if it made a difference. Started this spring but missed the late fertilizer feeding. Oh well I’ll pick it up again with the fall pre emergent.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                        When can I plant Bermudagrass seed if I use it? Is it effective on winter weeds and sandburs?

The stuff I use for sandburs (surflan)can affect germination for a year. I figure if you can get the burs under control the grass I have might takeoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pre-emergent in the fall is a new thing to me. Never heard of it. I've always done it in the spring. Putting down a whole front yard of St Augustine sod down this week. Should I wait until the spring for my normal pre-emergent or hit the new sod in 4-5 weeks with it too?

Comment

Any idea on how long I should wait if I just laid bermuda sod down 2 weeks ago. Im a little worried that a pre-emergent would be an added stressor given that it’s already close to 100 degrees out during the day.

Comment

Will pre-emergent harm established trees/shrubs? I have several relatively young trees in my yard and don't wanna killem.

Comment

Working...
                              X