It's not high enough to be in the void

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
      A field point should kill with that shot placement
      This

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
        So much for the "deadly V"..lol

I hope he gets this buck this week. I just gotta know. I mean obviously no vitals were hit, but my gosh that looks like a dead deer shot in those pictures. Hell he has a video on his cell phone of the kill shot. That night we went over and over that video and were convinced this buck was dead. Just amazing. Personally if I hadn’t seen these pics I would not believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting. Hope you get another chance at him

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
            Only thing I got is that he may have had his head down feeding when shot. When he heard the shot, his head may have gone almost between his two front legs while dipping to push off. This would have pushed his vitals way back, allowing the arrow to still go through both shoulders, but in front of the good stuff. Just a theory.

This makes perfect sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              That looks high and forward to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
              Agree, especially in the 2nd pic. He's probably limping pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
                It's not high enough to be in the void
                Keep telling yourself it exists

Comment

Vitals missed. Easy.

Comment

Dull blades on the broadhead!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

It was sharp enough to be a complete pass through

You can pass a field point through but it wont cause enough bleeding to finish that deer off.

Comment

It's funny how folks don't understand how import a shaving sharp broadhead is.

Gary

Comment

I hear folks all the time talk about how "tough" critters are. There is nothing tough about any of them if you cut through enough of their vascular system. Nothing is tough without adequate oxygen being transported to the brain.

Shot looks good. Obviously the blades did not deploy and not much of significance was cut or torn. Sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            Yep right in the void!
                            X2

Comment

I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                                I hope he gets this buck this week. I just gotta know. I mean obviously no vitals were hit, but my gosh that looks like a dead deer shot in those pictures. Hell he has a video on his cell phone of the kill shot. That night we went over and over that video and were convinced this buck was dead. Just amazing. Personally if I hadn’t seen these pics I would not believe it.

Our friend hit a doe in the "sweet spot" of the highly touted deadly v over Thanksgiving. She went pretty far. No blood trail. Luckily the dog found her. He barely nicked the front of the lung. A half inch forward and we wouldn't have recovered her at all.

I'm in favor of the average bowhunter aiming for a spot on a broadside or quartering away whitetail that gives him the highest probability of making a lethal and recoverable shot, while minimizing the risk of hitting the scapula, brisket or leg.

No argument from me...the ">" is an extremely lethal shot. Especially on larger game and certain species where the vitals are higher up in the body but the margin for error is smaller with that shot. It's easy for the deer to be turned a certain way or his leg position to be slightly forward or back that can alter the perceived aiming point. Same can happen when aiming for the crease behind the shoulder but the kill zone is larger. Worst case scenario, you get back of lung, liver, or paunch and it's still recoverable.

I'm not a fan of shooting them "in the shoulder" with a bow but that's just me. Gun is a different story.

Comment

Working...
                                X