X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a grip sear?

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
      Shooting tonight for the first time in a while my fingers got a bit sore but I can't imagine shooting 2 fingers. 3 is my minimum. lol
      I did whack my wrist a few times...a bit bruised.

I’m glad I’m not the only one that thought that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Try 2 under, 1 over. Or you might be over bowed.

Comment

I had an 85# Grevy longbow that destroyed my fingers and would leave my back and shoulder so sore, I gave it to my brother who is much smaller than me. He nicknamed it Tembow.
          He was a sheet metal worker and a motocross racer and must have muscles I don't have in the back and shoulders because he shot that bow forever.

Comment

I think I should clarify that I've shot this way for 12-13 years, most of those with a 70 lb longbow, and I've actually dropped to a 63lb recurve. I don't think it's a matter of being overbowed, honestly.

I am beginning to think it's a simple matter of too much shooting at Cowtown Recurve championship. I shot a lot more arrows than normal, and didn't stop shooting when my fingers complained the next day. It seems like an overuse/inflammation problem, so I'm dialing back the volume for a week or two and then I'll ramp back up. I've gone over my tab usage, and couldn't identify anything there. My form doesn't seem to be too wacky, and I'm not identifying anything in particular around my release itself.

Comment

800mg of Motrin fixes almost anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Could be. I've done that once or twice myself but I have some liquid pain reliever that numbs me pretty well.[emoji41]

Gary

Comment

Working...
                X