• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    It's not a coordinator job.
    I must have misread - defensive analyst, not defensive coord

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    He's a grinder though, like Bellichick....I think if the job he really wants isn't available just yet, taking an analyst job close to home to stay sharp and keep up contacts, sounds pretty plausible to me.
    Agreed, and any program in the country would benefit from having him around

Comment

Originally posted by shiner78 View Post
      Here's the UT coach doing some scouting at the shiner game last night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
      Did he have the $300k for each kid with him?

Comment

Breauxn Kelly?

Did I do that right?

Comment

Originally posted by Snapperhead94 View Post
          Did he have the $300k for each kid with him?
          Rent Free!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
            Rent Free!!!!
            Hardly, however, I'm glad he wasn't wearing the band outfit!

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
              Cajun Brian Kelly is being clowned by most after that video surfaced. He’d be better off simply being himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              It felt very contrived and not genuine that's for sure. He will settle in. At least he's trying I guess.

Comment

This is PURE GOLD

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                  No offense but it's kind of like the Hitler freak out video.... once was funny, 860 times is over used...

Comment

Man Shiner put it on Refugio, congrats to y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                      No offense but it's kind of like the Hitler freak out video.... once was funny, 860 times is over used...
                      Good thing for me, being so out of touch with this stuff, I'd never seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                        Good thing for me, being so out of touch with this stuff, I'd never seen it.

Don't worry man, I thought it was funny.

Comment

Per Ross Dellenger in regards to the LSU coaching search. If there is any insider with legit info regarding LSU it's him:

quote:
                          LSU athletic director Scott Woodward stood in a room under Tiger Stadium’s north end zone, watching Oklahoma State mount a second-half comeback against rival Oklahoma just minutes after his own Tigers upset Texas A&M in their regular-season finale.

He wasn’t alone. Football staff members filtered in and out of the room, everyone glued to the television for very different reasons. Most of them had a vested interest in the game’s outcome. If the Cowboys beat the Sooners, they thought, it might open the door for Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley to replace Ed Orgeron at the helm.

Woodward didn’t hold such a view. Unbeknownst to many in Baton Rouge, he had already targeted his finalist for the job days earlier. While the city and LSU community buzzed about Riley, a small group of people knew the truth. If there were ever any discussions with Riley, they had ended. Riley was not interested in the job and had conveyed such to Oklahoma administrators, industry sources say.

Days before last weekend’s regular-season finale of games, Woodward headed into the final stretch of his six-week search, juggling communication between what appeared to be his final two candidates. He made one last call to close friend and A&M coach Jimbo Fisher to gauge his interest before entering more serious discussions with Trace Armstrong, the agent for Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly.

quote:
                          “We had already basically made the deal in terms of … [Kelly] was going to come here,” says one prominent LSU official with knowledge of the final days of the search. “It was jaw-dropping to me to see the things [that were] written. It was completely wrong.”

Because of that false hope, many LSU fans were shocked and dismayed when Riley denied interest. “I’m not going to be the next head coach at LSU,” he told reporters after the Bedlam loss. “Next question.”

Meanwhile, Woodward quietly walked out of Tiger Stadium after watching Oklahoma State’s game-winning defensive stand, saying little to anyone that night, aside from a line he repeated to dozens of people over the final week of his coaching search. “We’ve got someone,” sources recall him saying, “and you’re going to be happy about it.”

quote:
                          Just two years removed from their last title in 2019, the Tigers are 11–11 over the past two seasons. Woodward’s goal at the start of the search was to get a “big, proven fish,” says one person close to the AD. Early in the search process, he and a small committee of administrators identified six or so candidates, a who’s who in the sport: Fisher, Franklin, Kelly, Tucker, Riley and NFL coach Matt Rhule. Woodward reduced the list to two or three finalists who were seriously interested in coming to Baton Rouge.

quote:
                          “[Kelly] was willing to dance,” says one LSU source, “so we kept working it.”

Kelly was actually open to dancing with several programs. When Florida’s job opened, its officials were alerted that Riley and Kelly were willing to move, sources tell SI. The Gators were already set on their No. 1 target and the coach they eventually hired, Napier. During the final week of the regular season as Oklahoma State was preparing to play Bedlam, at least one AD received an email from a marketing agent representing Mike Gundy, saying he was interested in the job.

quote:
                          “A lot of people are disappointed we didn’t get Lincoln Riley,” says one prominent booster at the school. “Scott went after his man. He was focused on him. He went out and got the best. That’s why LSU hired Scott.”

Comment

Watching Doug and Dalton Brooks, right?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                              Watching Doug and Dalton Brooks, right?
                              Dressed like that to go to a small town HS game is very "Austin" of him.
                              Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                                Dressed like that to go to a small town HS game is very "Austin" of him.
                                It is home visit recruiting season. The sport coat is the go to look for head coaches this time of year.

Comment

Working...
                                X