Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post

I finally had conditions green and wet enough to burn some big brush piles on my place. These were near our new cabin and have been piled up for over a year blocking the view. I just never had timed the conditions right to burn them.

A big rattler retreated into one of the piles a couple weeks ago, and my wife has been determined to get them gone ever since. I have seen 4 rattlesnakes this year already - which is 3 more than I saw all of last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haven't seen any rattlers this year at least not yet. Did see two king snakes last trip though.

Comment

Spent Thursday and Friday out in God’s country. Perfect timing if you love hot *** weather. [emoji2359]. Humper and I put out 5000 LBs of protein feed and corn in sacks, some bales of alfalfa, filled our 8 - 275 gallon totes mowed camp, put out all cameras and fixed all the things deer leases are known for that fall under the “it’s always something” category. [emoji12][emoji23]. It was good to get out and experience some deer lease therapy for a change. The sweat equity makes you appreciate the successes that much more. With this house remodel and work I haven’t been out since early turkey season so it was good to get out in the fresh air and big skies .

Place is really green and we got a nice shower while we were there so hopefully it will continue. We saw fawns all over the place driving through the ranch which is also a good sign. Turkeys should be in turkey heaven with all the grasshoppers everywhere. Any poults that survive should have a constant belly full for awhile. Anyway we got it all done got everything running and got to enjoy a nice steak and toddy to top it all off. We were beat both nights but we gotrdone. Very productive weekend for sure. Back to the home remodel and concrete city. [emoji51]

Humper was the official GB this weekend.[emoji41][emoji51]

Finally talked our other hunting buddy into getting a SNF. Will be nice not getting on a ladder here anymore.

Two pallets, alfalfa and blocks. Loaded down.

One more pen to go.. had to take a bunch of bags back home.

Back at camp… spent… gray shirt turned tan.[emoji23][emoji23]

Caught a few coons as well but not near as many as we need too.

Comment

Sounds like a productive work weekend for y’all. We’ve all been blessed with a some what of a mild summer but that changed quickly this past week....It’s bringing the heat now! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
          Sounds like a productive work weekend for y’all. We’ve all been blessed with a some what of a mild summer but that changed quickly this past week....It’s bringing the heat now! Lol

Yup....July said hold up ....not so fast....take these 100 degree days with you!..

Comment

Smart... I'm just amazed you got all of that done in a day and a half!!! lol Thats some work!

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
              Smart... I'm just amazed you got all of that done in a day and a half!!! lol Thats some work!

Us either lol....add working through the heat of the day x2 that we normally go back to camp for, and it was a long 1.5 days for Humper and I. Glad to get it done though. I can now concentrate on this house and they can count on growing..
              Last edited by Smart; 07-27-2021, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                Deer are hammering the feed right now as expected! Nothing to write home to mom about yet, but there’s a lot of them. I’m only running 2 cameras at the moment but will soon be putting the rest out to see what all we got this year. My feed bill might have us eating TV dinners with beans and rice the rest of the year, at this rate...... lol

Where you at in Schliecher County?? Wanna see how close that Axis is to us!!! hahaha. We haven't seen any exotics on our place between Mertzon and Eldorado, but know they are close.

Comment

Heard from a neighbor that they got about 1.5" of rain over two storms last week off Toenail. I'm headed down next weekend to fix plumbing and get the feeders running.

Comment

How is everyone’s growth this yr? We seem to have a lot of abnormal points, G5’s and kickers this yr. some on deer that have typically been slick deer.

Comment

I’m slacking on the photos Jack. Haven’t put a camera out yet. Maybe in the next couple of weeks. Maybe get a good surprise and get fired up!

Comment

I’m already starting to identify some bucks that might make our cull hit list this year. Our young bucks are looking good.

Comment

Im not really impressed this year, I'm going to be real lucky to find a shooter this year.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                                What a stud of a buck. Hope you can encounter him.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X