No announcement yet.

Lake Meredith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any luck this weekend, Saturday was a perfect day out there? We didn't really hunt with my youngest boy, but also did not see any other hunters.

The duck hunters started early Sunday morning, it was cold and windy but they were still out on the lake.

I think I am ready for rifle season this Saturday.

Comment

following this thread that has now kinda been taken over lol chastings77 your the man, thanks for the PM. December me and a buddy will be out there chasing some deer! Are you allowed to drive the dirt roads that branch off of the paved portion of Plum creek? if you set up camp out by your truck and trek in before sun up how do you keep people honest and not messing with your s*** while your out hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by Loftin View Post
        following this thread that has now kinda been taken over lol chastings77 your the man, thanks for the PM. December me and a buddy will be out there chasing some deer! Are you allowed to drive the dirt roads that branch off of the paved portion of Plum creek? if you set up camp out by your truck and trek in before sun up how do you keep people honest and not messing with your s*** while your out hunting?
        I'd hope the honor system like camping anywhere, but good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftin View Post
          if you set up camp out by your truck and trek in before sun up how do you keep people honest and not messing with your s*** while your out hunting?
          You can't.

Best thing you can do is not leave anything super valuable laying around and hope for the best.

I've never had any of my gear messed with anywhere BUT I know of plenty of folks who have had really high dollar stuff and vehicles trashed and/or stolen.

I read an account on Rokslide of a guy who had thousands of dollars worth of gear stolen from his tent several miles in the backcountry, they wrecked his tent and stole his Swaro spotter and even his sleeping bag, which could have been deadly.

No where is truly safe but that's life...

Comment

Following. Headed there with Loftin in Dec

Comment

I ran into a lot of pressure this morning...miles in. Also ran into a "checkpoint" on the way out, must have been 4 rangers and 2 game wardens checking licenses and for kills.

I did not see a single deer, heard another guy shoot twice, he said he missed.

Comment

Getting closer to my coming up there! Getting excited.

Comment

Originally posted by jstamps50 View Post
                  Following. Headed there with Loftin in Dec

Which days? I’m planning on taking my oldest son up last weekend of the MD season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                    Which days? I’m planning on taking my oldest son up last weekend of the MD season.

Probably the first or second week of December, we need to finalize our plans. You're the one on the flying j right?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably the first or second week of December, we need to finalize our plans. You're the one on the flying j right?

Yes sir

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
                        Yes sir

Good deal! Ya I'll try to nail down more definite plans this week. I'm up on the section with hully1029

Comment

Good deal! Ya I'll try to nail down more definite plans this week. I'm up on the section with hully1029

Gotcha! I think he sent me your contact info, you have the dogs?

I’ll text you my info so you have it in case you ever need a hand out there.

Comment

Is it just me or does anyone else have the problem of only seeing the deer on private land 😂

Comment

Are the infamous horsemen making sure all their pet deer stay on their side of the fence?

Comment

I sure hope not. Have half a mind to bring one of them air horns though... lol

Comment

Working...
                                X