Pat Mayse COE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pat Mayse COE

Anyone hunt the Corp of Engineers property around Pat Mayse Lake?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

haven't hunted it in several weeks. hope to get out there this weekend though! I personally haven't seen any big bucks but I know friends who have. I have an awesome cow horn spike that I will knock down if he comes into range! you been out there this year?

Comment

No, I was waiting for the muzzleloader season...

Comment

Originally posted by outdoorsnetx View Post
        haven't hunted it in several weeks. hope to get out there this weekend though! I personally haven't seen any big bucks but I know friends who have. I have an awesome cow horn spike that I will knock down if he comes into range! you been out there this year?
        Good luck.... I mostly hunt during the week

Comment

Plenty of hogs around the lake shore.

Comment

You will need a boat to get to the better places. I have killed turkey on COE land at Mayse but not any deer or hogs but they are there. If you have a boat and RV all the better. You can camp on the COE parks around the lake and hunt out of the boat.

Comment

How’s the rabbit population at Pat Mayse ??

Comment

How attached to your dogs are you?

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  How attached to your dogs are you?

What’s that’s supposed to mean

Comment

I wouldn't hunt COE land with them if your worried about them getting shot is what that means, I know some hog doggers lost 2 dogs in some of the fort worth district land this season.

Comment

Hmmm that’s interesting we usually don’t run much until after deer season for that reason

Pm me if you don’t mind please

Comment

Pat Mayse COE

Next weekend
                        Last edited by HR3; 01-09-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                          WMA area off FM 1499 may be better for rabbit hunting.... A lot of the COE land has hills that are high as any I've seen..... lol.... I'll be out there this weekend and I can let you know.....

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                            You will need a boat to get to the better places. I have killed turkey on COE land at Mayse but not any deer or hogs but they are there. If you have a boat and RV all the better. You can camp on the COE parks around the lake and hunt out of the boat.
                            Not to give up any honey holes but where might one have the best of luck hunting turkeys this spring?

Comment

The turkey population around Pat Mayes is down. I have not heard any gobblers for the last 3 years crappie fishing in the spring around the lake. The years before that I would hear or see several every year. That being said there are still birds there. Visser Creek would be a good place to look. They still have the draw at the Pat Mayse WMA also every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X